I lay back on the couch and put my feet up. "So you can fix me?" I asked cautiously.

"Yes, I can. You just need some herbal eye drops."

"Herbal eye drops?" I asked skeptically.

"Obviously with a few more ingredients like..." she grabbed my thumb and quickly pricked it.

"Ouch!" I felt the small trickle of blood run down my thumb.

"Your blood." she added.

"A little warning might've been nice." I mumbled. Ronnie laughed before I felt her hover over my face.

"Alright, hold still, I mixed this in the little bottle and these are the last of my herbs, if this doesn't get into your eyes we'll have to wait a few weeks until my next shipment." Ronnie was so close to my face and I held my breath and stayed and still as possible while my heart beat like thunder.

This was it. I could get my sight back if this worked. I hoped it worked. I tensed up as she held my head steady.

"Open you eyes as wide as possible." she said softly. I did as I was told and then I felt the cold liquid in my eyes. 

Drop.

Drop.

"Ok, keep your eyes closed now." Ronnie cautioned. I closed my then burning eyes started breathing again. "You need to stay like that for about ten minutes. Don't open your eyes and don't sit up."

I sighed, "Ok, thank you, Ronnie."

"It was my pleasure, Jo. I need to go make a call, I'll tell you when you can move, okay?"

"Sure." I heard her exit the room.

I was excited...more than excited, I was ecstatic.

"Are you excited?" Kiara's voice floated towards me.

"Yeah, can you tell?"

"Definitely...you're face just says it all." I felt the couch dip a little when Kiara took her seat at the one end. "Look, Jo, I want to apologise."

"For?" I was confused.

"I lied to you, you did make me uncomfortable, but that was only because when you came here you were just kind of normal you know, you didn't show much emotion but then when you lost your sight I would hear you talking or I would see your face and all that emotion would just be there. Raw emotion, I didn't know how to react because it made me realise that you're not just a friend, you're a person. And just because you and Riley are in power it doesn't mean that you're invincible..."

"Kiara, what are you apologising for?"

"For putting you on a pedestal and taking away all of your human qualities like vulnerability. It wasn't fair of me to see you in that light."

I smiled.

"Kiara, it's okay. I can't believe you felt the need to apologise for that. It didn't bother me but thank you."

"Thanks, Jo."

"Jo, ten minutes have passed. You can sit up and open your eyes." Ronnie's words brought goosebumps to my skin. I sat up slowly.

"Go for it, Jo." Kiara encouraged. I took a deep breath and my eyes fluttered open. The light flooded in and it a hurt abit so I snapped them back closed.

"Sweetheart, switch the lights off." Ronnie said to Kiara. I heard the light switch get flipped.

"Ok, your eyes are a little sensitive but they'll be fine." I opened my eyes as Ronnie was speaking.

I took a sharp intake of breath as I looked around the lounge. I let out small giggles as I took it all in. The furniture, the carpet, the two figures standing watching me. I recognised Kiara's frame but the taller, leaner figure I guessed to be Ronnie Jameson.

"Thank you, Ronnie." I walked to the tall woman and gave her a hug. 

"Of course, sweetheart, it was my pleasure." her hug was very motherly.

There were murmurs coming in and the light was flicked back on.

"What's going on?" Riley's light baritone filled the room and I pulled away from Ronnie, excited to see him again.

"Riley!" I exclaimed. I all but launched myself at him. He engrossed me in an embrace.

"Hey, you nearly ran me over there." he joked lightly. Then he paused. "How did you know where I was?" he pulled back a little so that we could look at eachother without letting go. He scanned my face before his eyes rested on mine. "You can see?" he asked hopefully.

I nodded vigorously. "I can see." I put my hands on face and held his gaze. His amber eyes, his rosy cheeks, his messy chocolate hair and most of all, his very kissable lips. "I missed being able to see you." I breathed.

"Yeah? Now you-" I cut his sentence off by getting on my tippytoes, pulling him down to me and kissing him. He kissed me back, no hesitation. He tasted of Coke and mint, my favourite combination. My fingers entangled themselves in his hair and his one hand rested on my waist. I nipped his bottom lip and he let out a moan in the back of his throat.

"So...uhm...do you guys want us to leave the room or..." Kiara's voice was the most annoying thing at that moment. I pulled away and I felt the heat creep up my neck. Riley laughed a little and then he took my hand in his, he brought it up to his lips and he kissed the back of my hand ever so gently as he held my gaze.

"You guys don't have to go anywhere. Jolene and I are going out to celebrate." he said to Kiara and Ronnie. "Isn't that right?" he whispered putting a gentle kiss on my cheek.

I tried to speak but all that came out was a pathetic little whimper.

I got my sight back but lost the ability to form a sentence after being kissed...perfect