30. The boy who turned into a pony

We traced our route back, slowly. It was almost dark when the small lights from the glass exterior of the beach house glared at us from a distance.

"Finally we reached", I voiced out, smiling to myself.

"Yeah, who is that but?", he asked me, all of sudden pointing out at a distance, I followed his gaze.

"What the shit!", I swore out loud. Like seriously what shit was happening? A few distances ahead were Alicia and....and Greg. They were walking together alongside the shore, towards the direction of the beach house, hand in hand. HAND in HAND.....
"This is not good....definitely not good", I voiced out my thoughts.

"Why Rose?", he let a soft laugh "let them have some fun...anyways they look so cut...", "stopppp", I interrupted him immediately.

"Please don't say that word", I said, lifting my hands up and pressing them against my ear. "Not Greg...he is not suitable for Alicia", I told him.

"How can you decide that Rose?", he questioned me arching a brow. Damn! He was right. I knew that he was right, but still...I hated watching them too close. What should I do? And what could I do? I cannot decide anything. It was their own lives. Regretfully I passed them silently and walked towards my friends. Merlin stopped between fits of laughter when she saw me approaching.

"Where have you been all this while? We were searching for you", she asked me.

"We were just taking a walk", I replied smiling back. "Where's Allen?", I questioned her, as I could not find him in the crowd behind her, which was huddled back together around a bonfire.

"Oh, I don't know Rose. Something is wrong with him", she sounded stressed.

"What happened?", I asked her softly. She turned her gaze towards Evan who was standing beside me and hesitated.

"I...I have some work...gotta go", he immediately said, starting to leave.

"Tell me what's up?", I asked her, softly.

"He is acting weird Rose for quite a long time. You know right how carefree he is all the time. But now he is so serious and...and I don't know he doesn't talk to me like before", she stopped. I knew that she was about to cry as her voice started shaking.

"Shhhh...It's okay. I'll talk to him. Don't worry", I consoled her, giving her a hug.

"Thanks, Rose", she smiled pulling apart.

"Do you know where he is now?", I asked her.

"Upstairs I think", she replied back, softly.

I ignored the loud laughter around the bonfire and invitations to join them, ensuring them that I would join them soon. I saw Adrian and Kat giving me curious looks from a corner while passing by.

"Allen? You there inside?", I knocked on his door. "Allen? may I come in?", I asked again, but silence is what I got back in return. For a fact, I knew that he was there inside because I saw his shadow from the small slit down the door. "Allen, I know you are awake so stop ignoring me. I will count till three if you don't open the door yourself then nevermind I'm coming in myself", I told him. "one....", the shadow didn't move yet. Okay, that's fine. I'll show him how adamant I am. "two...Allen after three I'm coming in", I warned him. "And three...", I turned the doorknob and entered inside.

"Allen you...", I paused. "Ahhhhhhhhh" I let out a huge scream involuntarily. Allen....there was no Allen...there was a half Allen half pony...no I don't know what it was. Allen was not Allen. It was definitely not Allen.

"Shhhh" he stepped ahead towards me quadrupedal.

"No don't come towards me", I gasped out stepping one step back to hit the door and tremble down.