29. let it go

We went on for a dip right after having lunch

We went on for a dip right after having lunch. The rest of the time was spent swimming and laughing together on stupid things. I finally split from my friends after a while and started walking alone alongside the shore.

The sun was starting to set. The birds were all flying back to their nests. The coconut trees were all swaying, dancing to the rhythm of the wind. The waves were roaring even louder now. The sky was looking beautiful in brilliant orange shades. Orange...I loved it. I was walking thoughtlessly ahead until something hit my feet...something hard and pointy. I bent down to see what was it. It was a medium-sized conch. Smiling to myself I picked it up, cleared off the sand with which it was covered and placed it close to my ears.

I could hear it. For a moment I felt like I inside the great, mighty ocean. I could hear the calm silent voices of the ocean. Appearances are deceiving, Kat used to always tell me. The ocean which looks wild and loud from outside, may not be from inside. My reflective thoughts were interrupted by the sound of someone hitting the water and approaching towards my direction.

"Evan", I called out surprised.

"Where were you going?", he asked me with a smirk.

"Now where", I answered back, with a smile.  He smiled back at me, but I could say that the smile didn't reach his eyes. They were restless and weary.

" Whatsupp?", I asked him arching a brow "Is anything bothering you?", I asked him, gently touching his arm.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you...about", he hesitated briefly.

"Go ahead", I encouraged him.

"About Kat", he finished, not meeting my eyes.

"I wondered", I gave him a knowing look.

"I just thought...that, No! Wait, I should talk to her about this directly", he said all of sudden and started turning around.

"Oka...y", I started, unsure how to react to that.

"No wait", he turned back around again. "I want to talk to you too", he added.

"Shoot", I said, repressing a laugh.

"Okay", he said, taking my hand and directing me to sit down on the sand. The wind was getting more wild now. My loose hair was flying in all possible directions.

"God! Your hair", he laughed out loud.

"I know", I said, taking the rubber band from my wrist and trying on a ponytail. "You say", I added.

"First of all, this guy Adrian. Does he keep you happy?", he asked me in a serious tone. A tone that made me laugh out loud. I remember the last time he was so concerned and acted so brotherly towards me. The time he protected me from Brandon and almost got into a fight with him for me.

"Haha.....Damn Eve, again you start being all brotherly", I manged out between my laughs.

"What's so wrong in that?", he asked me, looking disappointed.