21. Place for one soul?

Adrian's POV

"Serena was inside the school, Headmistress". After Rose left me behind in that dark hallway alone. I immediately set myself towards the Headmistress's office.

"You sure you saw her?", she questioned me, doubtfully.

"Yes, Headmistress", I told her. "She was disguised as Mr. Lorean one of our most trusted guards". I explained it to her.

"Why? Why did she disguise herself as him? Do you know anything?", she asked me.

"My father had appointed a guard for Rose, following the attack on her by Serena in the court. Greg told us yesterday, as soon as he arrived that Father was coming today to meet her. Today he and Mr. Lorean came to take her to meet him. And I...I followed them behind, as I was..." I hesitated.

"Tell me everything Prince Adrian", she encouraged me to go ahead with a nod.

"Something is wrong with Rose Headmistress, she is not like before. I wanted to know what was going on with her, so I decided on following her....I...I phase-shifted myself and I followed her", I paused to have a look at her, to see her reaction. None! So I proceeded further.

"She was lead by Greg and Mr. Lorean through the narrow spiral staircase near the dining hall, which lead to a dark hallway", I said ...but she stopped me here by a hand gesture.

"Where? Did they take her?" She asked me wide-eyed, now getting up from her chair.

"The dark hallway above the dining hall", I repeated. She started walking to and fro restless now. "This is not good", she told me. "Two hidden secret pathways have been used in two days, and both are linked somehow to Rose", she said hurriedly.

"Two?", I asked her puzzled.

"Yesterday night, Rose broke into my office, to reach the secret vault of confiscated items", she informed me.

I stood up from my seat now, perplexed.

"She stole the cup of wish or sin", she said slowly "And...And", she looked up at me hesitantly.

"And what?", I asked her. My heart was beating fast against my chest. I have heard about that cup, I knew what it could do. I wanted to tell myself, that It was a wish, that she got.

"She got a curse", she voiced my fears.

I stood there silent for a few moments, and Headmistress eyed me silently all the while.

"Do you know what it is?", I asked her finally.

"No", she told me, drowning deep into her thoughts. I had a feeling she was lying.

"Please continue", she said after a few more moments. And I continued narrating the rest of the events to her in detail.

"Where did Greg go after that blackout?", she asked me, after I finished. Honestly, even I was wondering about it all the while, what happened to him?

"I don't know, he just disappeared like Rose", I told her, to which she frowned. Walking back to the glass top display on her table, she tapped at it three times.

"I request the presence of Mr. Greg", she announced.

In a few moments, Greg entered the room, with his head held high as if he was proud of something.

"Headmistress, you wanted to meet me?", he asked calmly in a brisk voice. For some reason, I found him odd today. His confidence! it was like nothing, I have seen before.

"Where is, Your Majesty now Mr. Greg?", she asked him, softly.

"He is back in Dominos", he replied back, as a matter of fact.