4. Domino

[What though sorrow seems to win;
O'er hope, a heavy sway?
Yet hope again elastic springs,
Unconquered though she fell;
Still buoyant are her golden wings,
Still strong to bear us well,
Painfully, fearlessly]

-Charlotte Bronte

**************************************

Chapter 4

We reached Domino in what felt like seconds.

I have been to Domino before, or I should rather say that I have been to my Prince's bedroom before, back then I didn't get a chance to see anything outside his bedroom. But in real Domino was really beautiful, especially the palace.

We were still airborne, so I could have a glance at the beauty from up. It was magnificent. The distance between the big metal gate and the main palace building was vast spread. There were bushes that were grown in intricate designs, which looked more like a maze to me from up. There were plants and plants everywhere in the front garden, behind those were huge pyramids which remained mid-air at a distance from the ground. It reminded me too much of the spherical school building back in Xenopia. Only that, this was more spectacular than it with golden reflective tiles and magnificent size.

We were dropped down just a few distances ahead of the huge front gate. I clambered down the small steps leading down anxiously. Again the guards came running towards us forming chains. There were hundreds of people gathered outside the gates. Screaming my name and what not...

"The Eldar blood is back", they screamed collectively.

And then.....

"Guardian Princess Rose!"....they called out in unison.

"What is this?", I whispered. "This is....oh god!", I said snapping my hand on my forehead. "I don't want to do this", I said, as I started panicking. "I don't...", I repeated.

"Rose, they won't be allowed in, calm down", Adrian said grasping my hand and pulling me ahead.

I wanted to go back, go back to my old life, this is what I feared. This life, where everyone knew me. Anxiously I started walking behind Adrian, drowned in my own thoughts.

We reached one of the golden pyramids and a loud trumpet sound was heard, followed by one of the guard's announcements which rang for a few moments.

"Rose Eldar, the to be crowned Princess of Domino has arrived", he announced.

"What is this Adrian", I sulked. " This is too much", I whined.

He just sheepishly laughed and took a step ahead under the pyramid, and it was all like entering the school again. I had to just stand below it, and in an instant, I was in a huge red and golden-colored hall.

"You are expected in the throne room", one of the guards who was standing near the podium informed me, bowing.

"My Prince, you are expected too", he told Adrian, and Adrian without any more delay swiftly started walking away with the guard. I understood that this was the time we had to part. I wanted him beside me but, as I did not know what to expect ahead. Understanding my hesitation in joining the guards the other way, Adrian walked back towards me.

"You will do fine, I will join you soon in the throne room, don't worry", he said gently leaning down and placing a kiss on my cheek, leaving the spot back, pink. The guards around us looked at us wide-eyed but didn't dare to say anything in front of their Prince. I understood that it was not their place, to gossip about the Prince, but I was sure that it would spark some rumors soon, praying that it wouldn't reach the king's ears, I started walking behind the guards.