Chapter Eighteen- OverTime

🎶Talking to the moon🎶

Chyna's Pov

It had been a week since we had new superiors and most importantly a new CEO. It was a lot worth getting uses to but I had to try.

For all I knew this could be the time in which my life would move forward. I ran my tongue over my cracked lips, my lunch hour being a complete waste.

My heels clicked the floor lightly as and I used my ID to enter the hall way.

Previously we would spend minutes banging the class door so I considered this a vast improvement. If I should admit my previous boss was so fucking cheap.

I sipped my coffee as I headed for my office only to be interrupted of course. I was ready to yell at Vincent but then I quickly realized that the voice belonged to a female.

"Chyna" I froze at the yelling of my name a second time, my cup only two inches from my lips. Actually I knew that voice quite well.

I turned to face my new boss with a arch brow. I faked a smile because I must thank the force that prevented me from replying with profanity.

Note well; do everything but catch me on a bad day.

"Chyna I must commend you on the report and suggestions, I can see you have a passion for this company" she told me and I choked on spit.

Huh? I rushed that task so badly, how could she even like it?

Wait a minute...

How the hell was she even aware of my first name when my boss said nothing to her? I sure as hell never told her my first name and it was quite odd for her to refer to me on a first name basis.

She read my eyes, a small chuckle following.

"You may relax those brows. I read your file, can't believe you are a collage grad and settle for this piece of shit" she told me and I stared at her.

So much for not wanting to use profanity.

"Then again my brother's first intention is to raise the salary the moment he gets back. Sadly based on what I see around here a few person's will be jobless" she told me and I cocked a brow.

"The CEO is your brother?" I asked as I was quite surprised. She never mentioned that before.

She grit her teeth as she now realized she issued a valid secret. Something tells me she probably did not want her employee to know.

"You weren't supposed to know that" she mumbled as we walked on. I sipped my coffee, Mrs. Smith placing her arms behind her.

"I'm the last person you should worry about repeating something you said. I barely talk to anyone here" I told her truthfully as I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Very well then Miss Lynn. I'm hoping we could do over time today, you interested?" She asked and I considered for a moment.

I really could use the money. Hell I could more than use it, I needed it.

"I'm interested" I replied and she waved me off gently, her fingers punching something into the device in her hand swiftly.

I tightened my hold on my jacket due to the cold atmosphere.

******

I tagged on my skirt lightly, my heels not looking so good with the school girls attire I wore. I rubbed my eyes.

What the hell was going on here?

I ran from my office immediately, the hall growing the dark the moment I stepped out there. I used the breaks on my feet, my hands looking quite smaller and when I turned to face a glass door I gasped.

I gazed at my fourteen year old self. I covered my mouth, my eyes flooding with water.

What the hell was happening to me?

"Help me!" I screamed.

I pushed the door of the person who resides in the office next to my own. The woman kept her gaze fixed on her paper works as though I didn't exist.

My sobbing increased and when the woman raised her head all my sobbing increased. The woman before me was a sixteen year old girl I once knew.

"How can I help you when you failed to help me?" She asked and I gasped.

"Kaylee"

I was out of that horrible dream in no time, my hair now in a messy bun and my entire body was sweating. I gazed up at the running air condition, my throat quite dry.

I glared at my watch, it was only a minute passed the hour of ten yet if felt like midnight. I sobbed lightly, my life would never be the same.

There was a light tap on the door everyone could see through. I gazed at Vincent who looked rather concerned.

I dried my eyes swiftly, my hand gesturing for him to enter. He did.

"Don't you dare dry those tears, I saw you crying" he told me and I chuckled in order to fake me being okay.

He didn't buy it.

"Something has not been right with you for the past few days Chyna. Why are you lying to me?" He asked as he pulled me up by the arm.

I grabbed my hand bag, Vincent throwing my jacket over my shoulder.

"Nine is long gone, what if I never chose to check up on you before I left, you would spend the entire night here" he told me and to be truthful he was correct.

"Come one, let's get you home" he told me and I smiled, at least there was one good thing in my life.

I am a bit enthusiastic as it regards to where this story will lead but I'm in no rush.

I'm always ready to hear those comments though ;)