Chapter Eleven- Ticking Time Bomb

I had received two paychecks and the money was enough to supply my basic needs and I still had a good portion my account. My son is to gain enough money to find my education because education was my only positive elevation from poverty.

Actually the condition I was living in went beyond poverty because I was living in a old house in a yard filled with high grass filled with numerous bugs.

Mara and I had not spoken for about two months and everyone around the school noticed. Teachers would asked for her when they saw me alone and I was quite sure that when they saw Mara they did the same.

I was seen with Kaylee majority of the time (I honestly think the girl is stalking me but okay). As for Mara it was all about her boyfriend and her grades were beginning to drop.

Day by day the principal's urgent list was posted and there was not one day that Mara's name missed it.

While I knew it would take all the pride within me to confront her I knew I had to. She had to balance her books and the relationship because this was not looking good for her.

Sure her parents we're wealthy but she had to make something of herself. What if something should go wrong in future?

I am auite sure my best friend would not want to lean on her parents for the rest of her life. Qualifications and independence is everything.

"Are you sure about this?" Kaylee asked and I tightened my hold on my bag. Honestly I was not sure about this but I knew it was something I had to do.

"While she offended me greatly I want her to make something of herself" I told Kaylee truthfully, my eyes fixed on the table which Mara sat.

"Hello, a word please" I froze upon hearing the voice of the teacher that was getting on my last fucking nerve.

Why must he be so frequent?

"Oh my god I see you everywhere!" I exclaimed as I face him and his eyes widened. It was though I issued a grave offense.

"I be you pardon?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"I have two classes with you but I see you everywhere!" I fumed, his eyes fixed on me.

"You have two outstanding assignments for both of my disciplines...your final exam is next week and without those two grades you are likely to fail both" he told me and I rolled my left eye, Kaylee clearing her throat.

"This looks like detention number seventhy for the month if I should stand here" she mumbled as she slowly disappeared.

I didn't blame her because it was I intention to argue with this man and that would likely land Kaylee in some trouble if she chose to stick around.

"And I will fail just the same trying to rush those assignments before exams while studying for exams" I pointed out clearly.

"You haven't even tried, Jennifer just submitted at least one and so did a few other" he told me and I glared at him as though he was the inside of cat.

Jenifer but the others are nameless. Interesting, I am beginning to believe Jennifer was handing in more than papers.

"She's your star student we get it" I hissed and he was not his smilong self. To be honest he looked as though I was getting on his last nerve.

"I never said that all I'm asking..."

"No all I'm asking is for you to leave me alone and not compare me with anyone! For all I know she could be making up for her shitty grades with something else!" I yelled and in that moment all eyes fell on me.

I honestly did not care because I was unlike majority of the students around here. They had parents while I did not, they lived somewhere substantial while I did not and most importantly they did not have to sacrifice their sleep to work in a guesthouse.

I had to because I was my own parents and I was no longer a child the day my father left me. My assignment would be given to him it just may not be as impressive as he except.

"You have earned yourself your first detention with me" his voice was not the perky Rone I was used to. Instead it was flat and cold and he did not look at me the moment he said the previous.

Myeyes sadden when realization sunk in. Maybe Mara was right and he actually cared about me.

This was highschool and teachers really did not care about students who fail to do assignments. The zero was easier to write than another grade out there.

The fact that he went outside of his lunch routine to find me simply meant that he really would not want to see me with a failing grade.

Not just for one of his disciplines but for both. He saw something within me that I could not see.

I hope it was brought across correctly because my aim was to bring across stress and anger from her working twice as hard. Also wanted to show that she is not superwoman and pressure breaks her just like anyone else.

Mr Kenton's serious side was also revealed and that too was my aim. I really do hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and I look forward to seeing you in the next chapter.

Vote and comment please :)