Chapter Fifteen- Regrets

My POV

I felt rather guilty for not sharing the distressing news with Vincent but I made a promise. I promise that this was a scret between Mrs Osbourne and I, if told Vincent it would no longer be a secret.

Vincent had a mouth he could not cot and I was not referring to him being feisty now. He would share news the moment he got it.

I shook my head at my thoughts, my jacket being thrown over my shoulders as I cleared my desk. I placed my hair behind my hair, now what was being left behind?

"Are you sure you don't want me to give you a lift?" Came Sasha's voice and I knew she only offered because the boss was close by and simply because she had a thing for married men.

Bitch.

"No thank you, my boyfriend will be here soon" I told her and honestly I hoped she left before I did because I lied. I did not have a boyfriend, all I had was a shitty apartment with no food.

She walked on as though she was walking on air, the boss gazing at me. He looked quite concerned because when everyone left I would be the only one standing here.

Not safe for a female at this time.

"Are you sure you will be okay Miss Lynn?" He asked and I nodded. He gave at me, rather hesitant to leave.

"Go on, I will be rather fine" I lied as I knew that was not one damn man coming to get me and I would have to catch the bus coming in the next ten minutes.

I was a poor girl who had to do just about anything to make some extra cash. He unlocked his car, his eyes fixes on me.

"Tell him not to bother, I'll take you" he told me and I reached for my phone and faked texted a lover.

******

"Thank you sir" I told him the moment I got out of the car, his eyes on me.

"Do be at work early Monday morning Miss Lynn, it is rather important" he told me and my heart grew heavy.

He was going to fire me.

"I will be there" I told him aa I tried my best to mask my voice. He nodded before driving off and with the noisy crickets there was never a day I got in so swiftly.

I groaned, my back against the door. There was a low meow and I looked at my feet to see my two little friends.

I dipped in my hand bag, bones being fed to my cats who was quite grateful for the small gesture. I placed my bag down as I removed my jacket and tyre it over a old chair.

The rest of my clothing followed, one of my little friends dragging a shower cap towards me. I smiled.

Well thank you very much" I told her, her head receiving a few gentleman pats. I headed for the bathroom and while my body felt rather hot I still thought a cold shower would be a good idea.

I turned the tap on, the bat in the corner close the window not being that much of a bother. I closed my eyes, what had my life fallen to.

Just four years after I ran away and just three years ago I had learned that my mother died to the hands of one of her many lovers.

While my mother treated me rather awful years back I did not expect such a horrific demise. For Jennifer to break that news to me in a supermarket was awful.

That simply meant the entire school knew that my mother and I did not have the because I disappeared four years before her death.

I opened my eyes, if only the wall as a bit cleaner I could lean against it while I sobbed. Why was I so unfortunate, whenever I felt like I was talking a step forward I was actually taking multiple steps backwards.

When I left I had no idea what happened to anyone at that damn school and most importantly what happened to my best friend.

Mara.

Ten years of friendship should have been seventeen but I didn't allow that to happen. I ruined everything because I had a girl killed and almost lost my best friend in the moment.

Kenton, I got my wish and we never saw each other again. He had no idea what I grew to become and I had no idea what became of the chemistry teacher.

Why he even liked me to begin with was something I would never know. I rubbed my fingers through my wet hair, hair that was no longer blank but orange.

Hair that no longer touched my ass but rest in my upper back gently. It was when I ran away I saw the news for such a thing.

Even after seven years I could still taste him on my tongue. I hugged myself as cold water covered my body.

Maybe, just maybe he was the only man that could change my about sex. I bite my lower lips, while I swore not to allow another man close to me that was a part of me that wanted a man in my life.

Do vote and leave a comment please :)

Do you really think she asked bad lucked as she thinks? For those who had not discovered the obvious her as a child was actually flash backs of her bitter past.

Her name is Chyna Lynn and she's Asian :)

Until the next chapter :)