Thirty- Eight

Taking a long drag from the cigarette, Vinni inhaled the smoke allowing it to spread deep within his lungs before being exhaled. Flicking the tiny stubble unto the ground, he stubbed it out with the tip of his shoes. His eyes never left the faces of Harper and Ryn throughout the act.

"I wouldn't dream of doing that but guy," Ryn exclaimed sternly.
She noted how the man was slowly reaching behind his back and she knew it was to draw his weapon.

"Hear ya' loud and clear suga tits." He grinned at her, making Ryn frown at the name he called her.

Beside him, Therese was so stupefied over the entire thing that she didn't even speak. She kept on glaring between Harper and Waverly, her facial expression mirroring the forlorn inside.

Both Waverly and Harper were cognizant of her reaction, Waverly being the first to say something to break the seemingly endless silence.

"Surprise. I guess you forgot to tell me you had a sister, Therese."

"Waverly I-"

"What now, more excuses? Are you going to deny that Harper is your sister?" She snapped.

"I-I was going to tell you in my own time," Therese whispered.
Her eyes appeared glossy, and it was obvious to both girls that the situation overwhelmed her.

"Right? You had almost eighteen years to say something, " Waverly shrugged.

"You had so many opportunities to tell me as well Therese, why didn't you?"

"Are you fucking kidding me, Harper?
You want to know why I didn't say shit to you, is that it?

Because you've always been a stuck up little bitch towards me, that's why.
You've always acted as if you were too good to be around me, that's why I said nothing to you and I don't regret it.
Need I also add that you've always wanted to see me incarcerated and up until a week ago you had that granted."

"Before all of this even started Therese, when we first met each other, you could've said something to me."

"Why for you to have something else to rub in my face?

Look, Harper, I don't need your pity, I've never needed it so me keeping my daughter a secret was my choice!"

"And what did that do for both yourself and Waverly, huh?" Harper fumed.
Her rosy cheek was redder due to the rage piling up inside of her.
She felt like snapping her sister's neck for being such a cunt.

"Waverly and I have always been just fine. I may not be the best parent out there but at least I was there."

"Really Therese? Leaving her with some strange woman is your way of showing her that you wanted to be there in her life?
What about being around her, showing her affection, letting her know who her father is, telling her the truth about everything, what about that?

Don't even get me started about the life you live, what exactly are you teaching her, that it's okay to be crazy and chaotic while always being on the run from the cops?"

"Fuck you, Harper!" Therese spat.
Inching closer to her sister.
Ryn lifted the gun higher, pointing it directly at her head and she tensed.

"This isn't like the last time, you're not touching her." The brunette spat.

"Jesus fucking Christ, why are you still around? I can now see that Harper is indeed fucking you, she's annoying as hell—how else can you stand her if she's not shagging you?"

"Stop it, Therese!" Waverly snapped. "Harper has a point. You had so many opportunities to introduce us a-and tell me about my father and all other things yet you refuse to do that even be around me for more than a day."