Twenty- Four

"She's going to die if we don't do something," Harper trembled, applying pressure to the wound on the girl's neck. Her eyes scanned Lincoln's face and unlike her, he was calm as ever.
He'd busied himself checking the wound on her shoulder because of the bullet lodged there and was also trying to stop the bleeding.
When Ryn had fired at her sister she accidentally shot Sofia instead, which was pretty fucked up on the girl's part.
She now laid fighting for her life.

"I'll take her to the hospital, there's one about ten minutes from here but you gotta help me take her to the car."
He said and nervously Harper nodded.
The entire time she assisted in taking the injured girl to Ryn's car, her mind was blank and she just seemed to move on autopilot.

"Here," Lincoln's call brought her back to reality and she gazed at him.
He stood with a gun extended to her and she frowned.

"W-what do you expect me to do with that?"

"Go find Ryn. I'll take care of all this but you need to go find her. I trust you know how to fire a weapon?"

"I do, but I don't thin-"

"Don't think, just do. Get out of here quick before people start showing up."

Lincoln stressed and nudged her away from the car. Harper stepped out of his way and watched as he swung the vehicle around and blazed up the doubled lane street.

Still, nerve wrecked as ever she looked down at her hands and noted the amount of blood sitting on her flesh.
It made her feel sick and wanting to hurl her stomach out but she thought otherwise.
There wasn't time for her to act girlish and heave her insides outwards, instead, she needed to find her sister and Ryn before one of them ended up killing the other.

Pinning her gaze to the direction both women had run off too, Harper began sprinting—praying to herself that nothing drastic hadn't occurred just yet.

Most of the buildings on this part of the city were abandoned, used as houses for many things; a convenient location to do drugs and prostitution.

Harper had a hard time figuring out where exactly the two could be until she heard a gunshot very close.
It came from inside the building she was standing in front of and quickly her eyes started checking for an entry.
Her heart was speeding away inside of her chest and she felt even sicker.

God, she hoped no one got shot.

Climbing the stairs up until she was on the second floor, the door to whatever building this was had been left open.
Inside she could barely see a thing but she heard voices.
Walking across the dimly lit hallway, Harper saw another opened door with some amount of light shining through.

What now sounded like a scuffle emitted from the room the closer she got. Remembering she had the gun in her hands, Harper made sure it was on safety and tucked it into the back of her jeans and covered it with her shirt.

Once at the doorway of the room, she saw her sister on top of Ryn, strangling her and she panicked.

"Therese get off of her," she ran and pushed at her sister.
She stumbled over and Harper landed face-first of the dirt-filled floor.
The room smelled like rotten wood and moisture, leaving one to wrinkle their nose at the stench.

In the heat of the moment, Therese had scrambled to her feet retrieving Ryn's weapon from off of the floor.
Ryn stumbled to her feet with blood running from her lips.
Harper had then followed and was now mirroring her sister's action.
They both had guns pointing outward. Therese was pointing Ryn's gun at her, while Harper was pointing at her sister.

"I speak no lie when I say that it's indeed the ones you know that are out to get you."

"That's because you're a vile fucking animal, Therese. People must want to see you sought after, you're a monster!" Harper exclaimed behind gritted teeth as she remembered how her sister had stabbed the girl in such a nonchalant way. It was almost like she had done it dozens of times.

"People want to see me captured, or just you Harper? To think my own sister is trying to get me arrested is such a shame!" Answered Therese and at that moment Ryn stared wide-eyed between the two.

"What, s-sisters?" She turned to Harper and saw nothing readable.
No one said a thing until Therese started to cackle like a witch, shaking her head which captured Ryn's attention.

"She didn't tell you, did she? Such a shame.
It makes sense however because my poor little sister, Harpy never speaks a word that she and I are related by blood. She's ashamed of me." Therese smirked and Ryn turned to Harper.

"Is that true, she's your sister?"

"Yes, a-and I didn't tell you because it's not something that people know. I don't go around letting everyone know she's my sister."

"Why? I asked countless times for you to tell me your relationship with her and you lied on each occasion, why?"

Ryn was livid. It all finally made sense, however, about why Harper would seem concerned over learning things about Therese. They were sisters all this time.

"Because-"

"Because she's ashamed of me. She's ashamed to let people know her sister's a wild one. That I'm unconventional and never confine myself to the norms of society," Therese interjected.

"No, I'm not ashamed of you. I don't see the purpose of letting people know. You and I aren't that close, so why would I? If I were ashamed of you I would've let you know from the beginning."

"Sure, Jan." Replied Therese turning her eyes to Ryn. "She hates me Ryn, she hates me because I didn't turn out like her. She hates me because our father hitched up with my mother before hers. She hates that I didn't come from a wealthy off side like her mother's. It's because of our father that I was able to have the things that I did in this life. She hates me because after our father died, he left us both his fortunes in the will and not just her."

"I don't hate you for any of those reasons. If I were to it's because of how you squandered what he gave you and then still showing up to take what was mine. You stole from me, you stole from my mother and from everyone you knew and you tried to play it off cool as if you're this saint.
You're no fucking saint Therese." Harper responded angrily.

"Yeah well, whatever it doesn't matter now. I'm getting sick of you trying to get me arrested, along with your stupid boss Harge of course.
I can give him back all of his money if he needs but I am not going to jail for anything and I mean that."

"You don't have a choice Therese and I swear I'll do whatever it takes, and I'm not Ryn. I won't hesitate to shoot you." She lied and her sister chuckled.

"Right, right. Then go ahead and shoot me, little sis. I dare you." Therese teased because she was very much aware that her sister was a bluff.
Ryn however, stayed observing the sister's little fight with confusion.
She still couldn't believe Harper and Therese were blood sisters, but also she still couldn't believe Harper kept it from her. A bit of anger started to surface inside of Ryn and she frowned.

"So you two are sisters," she whispered still in a state of shock and Therese perked her ear up and turned her gaze toward her.

"Are you deaf? Were you not aware of what neither of us was saying for the past minutes? Fuck I swear Harp, you sure know how to pick em smart." Therese replied sarcastically and both Ryn and Harper frowned.

"Stop it! I need you to stop it!" Harper snapped.

"Oh fuck off Harper. Look, this shit needs to end and right now. I'm either shooting both of you or just her." Therese snapped back, pointing the gun back at Ryn who started stepping back.

"You're not hurting anyone. Put the gun down, or I will shoot you." Harper hissed, stepping up closer with her gun aimed steadily at Therese.

"Harper, I swear, I don't want to shoot you but I will if you don't put that gun down."

"You know you won't do that," Harper replied and Therese fired a shot.
Causing both her and Ryn to squeal out in surprise. It left Harper mostly in shock because she was not expecting her sister to do that.