Fifteen

"How do you know all of that?" She questioned and the guy sitting on the stool looking up at her and chuckled.

"Therese is a boastful woman. Loves talking about everything she has or does to make people feel small, especially when she knows that you're not exactly in her league."

"Yeah, and how were you able to cop such a bad one? You don't seem like you know-" Ryn trailed off.

"It's because I'm reliable. I had what she wanted which was just to be available."

"Then why did you let her use you like that?"

"Have you seen that woman? I'm not talking just looks here, but Therese can be quite persuasive. She knows how to get what she wants even if it means sacrificing a few things."

"I see. What did she use to rattle you in?"

"Isn't it obvious. She and I had a little fling a few years back and she left me without so much as a warning, then suddenly she pops back up in my life again just as charming as ever. I couldn't say no, I just didn't know how to."

"You're an idiot to let her fuck you over like that with just her body." Ryn slipped and Chad nodded taking a sip of his beer.

"You're right, I am."

"But you're also not stupid. I have a proposition."

"As I've stated earlier miss," He trails off, eyeing her up and down.
"I don't know where she is anymore," he added and silence fell between them for a while.

"Do you know how many years you could face in jail for pulling a stunt like the other night?" Ryn questioned and the look it conjured on Chad's face was priceless.

"Please, I'm being honest I don't know where she is and that night she forced me to do that. I wasn't going to get involved in such a way but she pushed me."

"I don't care, it's your word against mine and Harper's."

"Please, I'll do anything to help,"

"Good, help me figure out where Therese might be and I'll let you go without ever batting an eye in your direction."

"Okay. I don't know where she is but I can get you the number to the phone that she's using. If you get that shouldn't you be able to get her location from someone?"

"I just could, but how would I know that the number belongs to her?"

"It doesn't, it belongs to me. She has my phone."

"Okay then. Come let's get out of here." Ryn said, dragging him up by his collar, and heading over to where she last saw Harper.

Once she'd found her again, a frown creased up unto Ryn's face at the sight of the stripper still trying her best to capture Harper's soul.

"C'mon, let's go," she nudged Harper and she seemed startled out of a daydream.
When her eyes had fallen unto Chad, she frowned and started backing up.

"Don't worry about him, he's as harmless as a fly."

"Screw that, he almost killed us the other night."

"Yes, I know but now he's helping us."

"What, why?" Harper asked confused.

"Because Therese fucked him over and well and now he's on our side. Thanks to some very meaningful words."

"And you're going to trust him, the man who was shooting at us?"

"Look, Harper, I know you might be confused but get this, I'm trying to find this woman as best as I can. It's been a few days and normally I would've already caught my hunt but I haven't. Any way I'll be able to get her faster I'm taking. Plus, you've already complained about being on the road so long, be thankful we actually found him and not just the abandoned car."

"Okay," Harper replied, zipping it quickly.

"Good, let's go so I can call my friend to help us track her down."

__________________

Outside of the club, Ryn stood off to one side on the phone while Harper stood leaning against the car but as far away from Chad as possible.
She'd been waiting for Lincoln to come on the line, while carefully eyeballing the redhead.

She was impressed by a lot of things about the girl, but more specifically was the way she kissed.
She had done it the exact way Ryn had fantasized about, so subtle and tender and every free chance she got, Ryn chose to think about the kiss.

"Yo," Lincoln answered, coming across her consciousness and she flinched for a split second.

"Hey, I need your help,"

"Don't you always?" He asked and Ryn rolled her eyes.

"So I have bad news and more bad news, which one would you like to hear first?" Ryn asked and Lincoln chuckled.

"Oh, bad news for sure."

"We came into contact with Therese and she almost killed us,"

"Mm, sounds kinda interesting and the other bad news?"

"She got away and now we don't know where she's gone. We have her boy toy with us and he doesn't know where she could've gone either."

"I see."

"But he did sorta help us in a way. He gave us the number Therese is using and it's why I called. I need you to track it down for me."

"That's a bit out of my jurisdiction Ryn."

"I know, I know but I really need you to do this while keeping me updated on where she goes."
Ryn spoke and she could hear her friend mumbling incoherently to himself but addressing her again.

"Fine give me the number and I'll keep you posted."

"Thanks so much, buddy," she said cheerfully and Lincoln huffed.

"I hope you're just as free-spirited when it comes to paying me up."

"Of course, you know I will be," she replied and quickly they spoke for a bit and Ryn gave him the number.
When she was done, she walked over to Harper and smiled.

"Are you okay?"

"No, it's hot and I'm tired," Harper answered causing Ryn to laugh.

"I know, we can go find somewhere to relax. I've already spoken to my friend and he said he'll get back to me in a bit."

"Okay. What are we going to do about him now?" Harper nodded in the direction of Chad who was standing beside to a street light.

"He's not exactly our business,"

"Okay, so we just leave him?"

"Of course, he's a grown man he can handle himself." Ryn replied.

"Good, because I don't want him anywhere near me."

Ryn then signalled Chad to come closer and when he did, she told him about them heading off and he was quite happy that they wouldn't be pressing charges against him.
Harper told him how much she wanted too but only decided to let it slide because of Ryn.

They then left to find somewhere cosy to have a late afternoon lunch, and possibly even have a nap afterwards if they had that much time.