Twenty- Six

Harper's ride back to her home felt longer than it normally would, simply because she felt lethargic. She was exhausted from being up most of the night tossing and turning in those hospital chairs, then also from chasing down her sister for more than a week.
Added to all of those things was now the thought at the back of her head that Ryn must probably detest her for covering up the truth about Therese and she knew it.

She saw the way the brunette's entire demeanour had changed, she'd gotten less chatty although she wasn't much of a talker. The chances now of them remaining in contact might be slim and Harper felt it in every single bone in her body and it made her feel somewhat empty inside.

Pulling into her driveway in the taxi she'd gotten down at the hospital, Harper paid the driver giving up a keep smile and a polite thank you, before making her way to her front door.
She unlocked it, the moment she stepped inside she was hit with a wave of cool air.

The sun had long risen making the outside air a little warmer by now.
She rejoiced at the feeling of finally being home permanently while making her way up the staircase and over to her room. In there she searched for her phone after coming up with the idea that leaving it behind was the best thing to do and she was right.

She quickly dialled Harge's number, placing the phone to her ear.

"I thought you may have forgotten about me," His smooth voice came on the other line and it made Harper smile.

"I could never. I come bearing good needs."

"Wonderful, I can use some good news at the moment."

"Ryn and I caught Therese last night in the city. She was here doing illegal business at some underground bar and catching her did come with a price.
She almost killed a girl that was with her and she shot Ryn."

"Hmm, sounds a lot like something Therese would do. Did she hurt you in any way?"

"Not exactly. She and I did have a scuffle but she didn't hurt me the way I was expecting."

"Good, good. Well, Harper, I am more than pleased to hear that your sister will now be behind bars. Hopefully, during the trial, she's rewarded for each terrible thing she's done."

"I'm certain she will," Harper answered somewhat dry and it made Harge address her lack of interest in the discussion.

"Something else happened?" His question had caught her off guard but she figured it wouldn't hurt to tell him why she felt blue.

"Sorta yes. See the thing is I may have done something I shouldn't have during the hunt and I'm now starting to believe it."

"Its in regards to the bounty hunter?"

"Yes," Harper replied taking a seat on her bed.

"Well Harper, if you feel comfortable you can talk to me."

"I had sex with her, twice. I know it shouldn't have but, I really wanted too. It turns out that Ryn was just as into me as I was interested in her but now I think she might not want to keep in contact with me because I kept the fact that Therese and I were sisters away from her.

To some, it's not really a big deal, but to her, I knew it was. I saw the way she looked at me with disappointment and I think because of that she may never want to stick around me."

"Nonsense, Ryn's a stranger to you and you had every right to keep that information to yourself. However said, I'm sure you've explained to her what your relationship between your sister was like. After hearing that she must understand why no one really knows you're both related."