(Ouma X Saihara) Despair (Mastermind AU)

Start from the beginning

"Well I was technically the mastermind, after all, I made it obvious for everyone didn't I?" he smirked looking around the room. 'Why you little-!" Maki was about to get away from her podium but Kokichi pulled out a remote and pressed a button. Chains sprung from the podiums chaining everyone to them. "Nope! We don't want our Miss. Assassin getting away from her execution! Do we~?" he cooed. Shuichi's eyes began to well up with tears as the weight of the situation finally sunk in.

"Kokichi why...was everything between us a lie?!" he yelled tears streaming down his cheek. He saw a heartbroken look in Kokichi's eyes only for him to blink and come back to his evil persona. Was he faking it? Was he not? The boy came up to Shuichi and got on his tippy toes before kissing his cheek. He giggled.

"No my dear beloved. None of it was a lie." he spoke gently, a voice that sent shivers down his spine. The memories of all those nights they had spent comforting each other saying things like what they'll do once they get out of here flashed before his eyes. Was it really all fake, did it really not matter at all?!

"Then why didn't you stop the game?!" Shuichi screamed. Kokichi chuckled. "Because I couldn't. It's a rule." he played with the remote in his hand. Everyone stared at him with hatred, disgust but Shuichi could only look at him with heartbroken, sad eyes. For a moment, he swore that he actually wished Ouma was dead because it'd be easier than watching him like this.

"You made the rules!" Shuichi yelled back. "Nope! That wasn't me who made the rules Saihara-chan! That's one truth I can tell you!" Kokichi shook his head "Yes, you did. You're the mastermind." Himiko spoke, finally adding to the conversation.

"No! Sorry!" Kokichi shrugged with a grin "Buuut you know...there's another mystery you haven't figured out yet...there's more to the game then you think" he said, a finger to his lips. "What do you mean?" Kiibo asked.

"Let's just say...I'm not the only one who's the mastermind."

Everyone went silent. "Liar." Maki immediately yelled, such venom in her voice that hasn't been yet heard before. Kokichi looked at her with the same hatred she felt towards him but kept the smirk. "There's another mastermind among you, except this one lost their memories by accident," he said walking around the room in circles before stopping with a small smile. "I wonder who it could be!" Kokichi said. "W-Will you tell us w-who...?" Tsumugi stammered. Kokichi turned towards her and laughed.

"Of course! If it's your death wish for me to answer this question the answer is! Drumroll Monokuma!" he pointed to Monokuma who suddenly had a drum in his paws.

"Shuichi Saihara himself!"

"W-What..." the boy stuttered shaking his head. "Doesn't that just fill you with despair Shushu, you're the one who started this, you're the one who instructed me to do this!" he yelled out blushing, his eyes sparkling at the thought. "To create our own killing game! To make our own Danganronpa as The NEW ENOSHIMA & IKUSABA DUO!" he breathed heavily. To everyone in the room, he looked like a madman. Shuichi couldn't believe it...he was the cause of this...?

"The charming little liar Kokichi and the smart cunning detective working behind the scenes Shuichi. Truly the perfect combo!" he said happily. He sounded as if he was having the time of his life. Shuichi shook his head in disbelief. "...N-No...No you're lying" Shuichi yelled. "Y-Yeah! Shuichi would never do that!" Kiibo added. "Oh? Well, let's ask the chat then~!" he said clapping his hands. The screams of the chat in which people watched lower showing commenters speak

"Shumai is the mastermind!"

"Love Shushu and Kichi as masterminds! The lover duo 😍😍"

"Shuichi Saihara is the mastermind!! #RememberShuichi"

"Can't believe Shuichi forgot who he is...Junko's rolling around in her grave XD "