End Of An Era

Y/n P.o.v

It's been five days. Five days since the final battle of the Capital. Five days since I've reunited my parents. And five days since Zeth has escaped.

All those days, I, with Night Raid and The Jaegers, have been busy. Day in and day out, we've been helping the whole Capital. Restoring the destroyed areas, rescuing people beneath the scraps and fallen houses, finding new families for the kids who have lost their parents or giving them back, and taking down the corrupted people that still lingered in the shadows. They aren't the first, and neither will be the last.

During those days, father, despite that he was blind, and mother have been taking care of the palace.

Father asked the architects to build the palace not as fancy or glories as the one before, but to make it a little like a fortress. He told them what kind of materials they should use for the outside and the inside, take down some areas for a huge courtyard to train soldiers, and create secret tunnels to the outside of the Capital big enough for a small wave of soldiers. The idea of the tunnels is not to run away, but to create an abush for the upcoming battles, and they will spread underneath the Capital thoughout the city.

It would take weeks, even months to get the palace the way he requested, but there wasn't a hurry. I was surprised that he knew about architecture, but it was eight, almost nine years without him, and I could learn a few thing from him.

On the other hand, mother was another restless woman. Her, along with the maids, have helped the architects with their construction, keeping the areas and materials organized. Despite the men that were doing the work saying that they don't want women helping them, she put them in their place. Now they are helping one another.

Right now, the sun was setting, and I decided to end the day early, because everybody deserved a rest.

I was in my tent, sitting on a chair, looking the amount of organized papers on the table, which had been recovered from the palace. Najenda and Susano were the one who organized them, and put them in different categories. Districts requesting materials for their occupations, taxes that must be payed, other political stuff that are giving me headache.

Najenda: "Having problem over there?" I looked up at the entrance of the tent, and saw her with her arms crossed and a smirk on her lips.

Y/n: "You know pretty well that this isn't my area, 'Minister'." She chuckled.

Najenda: "From my point of view, you need someone who can deal with this kind of stuff. Someone who can organize, find the best solution for every problem, and that is good with every situation given to them." I sighed.

Y/n: "Thanks for pointing out that I'm not good at it. But do you know the right person who can do it?"

When Najenda opened her mouth, Lubbock entered the tent with some tapestries. He put them on the table, almost making the papers fly out of order.

Lubbock: "Sorry for barging in like this, sorry Miss Najenda, and don't tell Mez that I was in the Red-Light District."

Y/n: "Red-Li... what the heck were you doing in that distrcit, Lubbock?"

Lubbock: "That's why I came here. You see, the courtesans pulled me in, because they knew I was a pervert, and I've visited a few time to just see. Anyways, they asked me what tapestry would fit for their brothel, and I have this options." He opened the three tapestries.

One had a two dragons orbiting around a huge pearl, the other had a landscape of mountais underneath the moon, and the last one was a woman posing with rose petals covering her intimate parts.