Mother's Worry

Y/n P.o.v

I was on my knees, holding my double bladed staff while using it for support, and I was panting from the current exercise. I looked up and saw Seryu on fighting stance, but she was also panting. Esdeath on the other hand, she had her left hand on her waist, he rapier not pointed at me, and looking at me with serious expression.

To tell the truth, this sparring exercise was the most dificult I've ever had. I wasn't using my Imperial Arm because once I used it, Esdeath scold me about it. 'No Imperial Arm. Your body and mind is enough to deal with someone without using it. So, try to fight us without it.' Is what Esdeath told me. She had a point. Also, I need to become stronger to learn how to fully control Harvestlion.

Besides that, Seryu and I had our share of blows, but with Esdeath, I couldn't even land a scratch at her hair, literally. She wasn't even tired about it.

It was nearly dusk, so Esdeath sheathed her rapier, and nodded with some sort of determination.

Esdeath: "You've done well in not getting killed." Now she put her other hand on her hip. "But you still have much to learn. So, like I said before, from now on, you'll be my sparring partner. I'll mold you to the fullest. Be prepared." She walked past me, and said to the others that the exercise was over.

I looked in front of me, and saw Seryu's hand extended to me. I gladly took it, and stood up.

Seryu: "It was good sparring with you. You fought well." She complimented with a smile.

Y/n: "Not bad yourself. I might have some bruises after this." I joked, and she punched my arm.

Seryu: "Then I guess I have to nurse you everytime after this." I shook my head with a scoff.

============Timeskip============

It was nighttime, and mother was putting me some sort of medical herbs on my back.

Mother: "I can't believe that the general and robot girl made you this." She said in anger.

Y/n: "It was training. I had to try at least to defend and counter on them."

Mother: "This is not training, it's abusing a child." I scoffed and amusement.

Y/n: "Maybe the Emperor should make a law against child abuse." I joked, but I was met with a hit on my head. "Ow! What the heck!?"

Mother: "I'm serious! They shouldn't treat you like that." I rolled my eyes, and turned around to look at her.

Y/n: "Mother, I understand that you're protecting me from harm, but we have to adapt to it, or it will hurt us even further." She sighed, grabbed my shoulder, and made me turned again.

Mother: "I know." Few seconds has passed and she spoke again. "But I don't want you to get more hurt or even killed." She finished putting the herbs on my back and started to put some bandages around my torso.

Y/n: "It won't come to that." I said while having my arms spread so my mother wrapped the bandages easier.

Mother: *That's what your father said.* She whispered, and my body tensed after hearing that. She finished wrapping me, and went to the table to clean her hands. I turned to her, and she had her back towards me.

Y/n: "Is there a chance,..." Her movement stopped, and her head looked at the wall. "...that father is still alive?" I asked out of curiousity. If mother was alive, so there might be a chance that he was alive.

Minutes passed, and the silence was bothering me. She sighed and turned around.

Mother: "I don't think that this is a proper question for right now." She walked towards me and gently grabbed my face with both hands. "For now, rest." She kissed my forehead. She went to the table grabbed her medical stuff, and went to the door. 'Way to evade the question.' I thought with disappointment. "And tell that robot girl to go easy on you next time." I shook my head and scoffed.