Something That Started It

Y/n P.o.v

Esdeath's eyes were covered by her hair, despite the moonlight shining on her, her rapier still aiming at my neck, and killing aura was emanating from her with ferocity.

I was so relieved yet scared that she's here. But I wanted to get one thing out of my head before jumping to conclusions. And that is if Zeth is right behind me because I was sure that he was going to do something that I wouldn't like.

Esdeath: "There's plenty of things you can do for me. But there's just one thing that I want from you. Right here, and now." I looked at her with wide eyes and curious.

Y/n: "Listen, Esdeath. Whatever that Zeth is telling you right now, don't let him manipulate you." That sounded very cliche than what I expected. She tilted her head.

Esdeath: "What nonsense are you speaking?" Now I was confused.

Y/n: "Isn't Zeth behind me?"

Esdeath: "That man isn't here. It's just you and me." I leaned my body to the side to look at the arrow that was on the wall. I had a good view of it, and it was an arrow made of ice. 'Now I feel stupid. This is what happens when I let my crazy ideas get the best of me.' I thought.

Y/n: " Heh, my bad. I-" I looked up at Esdeath again, and gave an apologetic smile, but she interrupted me by connecting her rapier on my neck.

Esdeath: "You assumed. That's the worse way to die. Assuming that an enemy will do something without confirming it."

Y/n: "Oh, don't give me that crap, Esdeath! I'm not here for a lecture from you!" She put more pressure on my neck.

Esdeath: "You are still disrespectful to me! I can cut you down! Here and now! Not caring of what Zeth says to me!"

Y/n: "Then what are you waiting for!? Do it!" My anger was rising and I was letting the words come out of my mouth without thinking.

Esdeath: "You think I won't do it? Can't you see that I can end you here?"

Y/n: "My life was sealed the moment I entered that arena, and you wanted to kill me ever since I took just one step to help Tatsumi from you! So, stop being a softy and be the General that you were bred to be!" Without realizing it, not knowing if she swung once or more, but my chains were cut off.

Then, I was pushed back with a block of ice towards the wall, covering every part of me except my chest and face. When I opened my eyes, I saw her standing in front of me with her hand clutching my shirt, and she was aiming her rapier towards me from behind her.

Esdeath: "I'm not an animal for you to say I was 'bred'! Your insolence, your attitude, and your disrespect towards me as a General will be your end!" I was going to say something again, but kept my mouth shut.

'I think I went too far.' I thought. The things I said to her right now, wasn't the best way to get to her, and I was letting my anger and pride get in the way. And now, she has me against the wall, literally, her eyes still didn't showed, and her aura escalated. 'I need to find another way to get to her. With no anger, this time.' I thought, taking a few breaths to calm myself.

Esdeath: "Any last words, Y/n?" She readied her rapier, but it was trembling.

Y/n: "I..." She readied her rapier even more. 'Just breath, Y/n. Breath.' I said to myself, so I didn't bursted out of anger. "...am..." I felt that the ice in my hand melted, so I clenched my fist. "...sorry." Her shoulder tensed, and I released my fist.

Esdeath: "What?" I sighed.

Y/n: "I am sorry." She lowered her rapier a little, but kept her aim. "All my life, I've made choices. Choices that were meant to be for the best for some, and bad for others. But, there's one decision, that I regret of not making and considering." I felt my anger been replaced with a little regret.