Chapter 53

"So that's what's going on..." Naruto groaned. This was just his luck. A power-hungry king, mad with power, used a magical machine that was called Anima to steal magic from Earthland because the stuff was apparently limited here. Coincidently, the town that they targeted happened to be Magnolia.

"That's just about it." Edo-Wendy said and leaned back in her chair. She had taken the liberty to explaining everything to Naruto alongside Edo-Juvia, since she had apparently promised the Wendy that Naruto known. Edo-Juvia was there because it was an excuse to get away from Gray.

Naruto looked at the woman sitting in front of him. Was this really the Wendy of this world? She looked just like the Wendy he knew, only older and had large… Naruto shook that thought out of his head. "Wait, how did Wendy-Chan know I was going to come here?"

The blue haired woman shrugged. "Beats me. Though I think I remember her saying that it was her cat, that said you were going to show up."

Was she talking about Carla? How did she know he was going to coming here? Oh well, he could ask them as soon as he caught up with them. "So then why didn't they stay?"

If they knew he was going to come here, why didn't they wait for him so they could travel togther?

"Natsu said that you would just catch up to them anyways, so they left." Wendy simply said with a shrug.

Naruto sighed. Classic Natsu, always in a hurry. Though he couldn't really blame the guy, he probably would have done the same. This was the fate of their friends that they were talking about right now.

"Juvia still can't believe the Juvia from Earthland follows this guy around like some... Fangirl." Edo-Juvia said from her seat next to Wendy. She had heard a little about how her Earthland counterpart being obsessed with the boy in front of her, and it was unsettling to say the least. "Though it's better than being obsessed with Gray..." She said with a twitching eyebrow as Edo-Gray held up a sign that said: "I love Juvia-Chan!".

"That's a little cold, don't you think?" Naruto said and sweatdropped. He turned around to see Edo-Gray glaring at him.

"Gray is always trying to go on any missions with Juvia and follows Juvia everywhere! It's annoying..."

Naruto frowned. Why did that sound so familiar to him?

"So, what do you plan on doing right now?" Edo-Wendy asked.

"First, I'm gonna to find my friends. Then I'm going to go to this king of Edolas and tell him to turn the town back to normal." Naruto declared and the two girls started laughing at him. "W-what's so funny?"

"You know, your friends said the same exact thing." Edo-Wendy said and shook her head. "You guys just don't know how terrifyingly powerful the king's army really is. There's no way you can stand up to them."

"If it comes to it, I'll fight the king's army. I'm going to save my friends no matter what." Naruto said seriously, because he knew that they would do the same for him. It was just  the nature of Fairy Tail.

Edo-Juvia sighed. "It seems the mages of Earthland's Fairy Tail, all think the same way."

"I guess so." The other blue haired girl agreed.

Naruto laughed and rubbed the back of his head, knowing full well that it was true. 'Well, I guess it's time I head out. But before that...' He looked across the room and towards this world's Mirajane, who seemed to be just as cheerful as the Mirajane he knew.

Though he wasn't looking at the barmaid, but the girl next to her. Lisanna Strauss, Mirajane's supposed deceased younger sister.

At first he had assumed that the Lisanna of this world hadn't died, but there was something about the girl that was bothering him. Excluding the magical weapons everyone in the guild carried, he couldn't sense any magic coming from the bodies of the people here. All except Lisanna.