Chapter 51

Next morning...

"That beast better not have laid a finger on you, did he Wendy!?"

"Carla!"

Naruto didn't even try to hold back his groan. Why was this cat so irritating!? There he was, just sitting at a table and talking with his friends, and Carla had just randomly appeared out of nowhere and started accusing him. Just what did he do to anger her so much?

"Can't we all just be friends here...?" Lucy asked nicely, trying to be the peacekeeper.

"I will not stand Wendy being anywhere near him without supervision! Who knows what could have happened..." Carla trailed off while shivering.

"Naruto-San wouldn't do such a thing! Carla, you're just being silly!" Wendy said and tried to defend the shinobi.

"If you were so worried about her, why didn't you just come with them?" Cana asked, while shrugged.

The white cat just huffed and turned away stubbornly.

Happy walked up to Carla and offered her a fish. "Are you hungry? Do you want a fish?"

Carla responded with a cold stare. "You're not any better, male cat. Just stay away from me! ...And I hate fish!" After saying that, she jumped off the table and left the guild.

"Ah! Wait Carla!" Happy called out and ran after her.

"What's that cat's problem?" Naruto asked and Wendy stood up and bowed her head to the group apologetically.

"I'm very sorry! Carla must still be in a bad mood..." She said before heading to the exit. "I'm going to go after them!"

"Do you think they'll be fine?" Lucy asked as she watched the little girl leave.

"What did she mean by foul mood? Did something happen?" Mirajane asked and Cana pointed to Naruto.

"Why don't you just asking our guild's number-one prankster?"

Mirajane looked at the whiskered teen in question. "Naruto..."

"I warned you about taking your pranks too far." Lucy said with the shake of her head.

"Right? He's so childish to be pranking at his age!" Cana said and Lucy nodded in agreement.

"He really is immature for his age."

"You know, I'm right here guys..." Naruto said with a bitter smile.

"We're just saying you should act a little more like your age." Cana said and Naruto poked at the table.

"Am I really that childish...?"

Everyone at the table nodded in unison.

A rain cloud formed over Naruto's head as he sulked.

"Need a drink?" Cana offered and Naruto just sent her a flat look before going back to sulking.

"How could you all say that about Naruto-Sama!?" Juvia shouted as she stomped up to their table. She had been watching them from across the bar and couldn't stand anymore of this.

'Juvia...!' Naruto's face brightened and Juvia smiled at him. That's right, if there was anyone here that wouldn't think he was childish, it would be Juvia.

"Naruto-Sama could be the most childish person in the world and Juvia wouldn't care!"

Naruto face faltered.

"Now then, Juvia shall take Naruto-Sama away to-Eh? Naruto-Sama?" Juvia looked around and found that he was gone.

Lucy frowned. Maybe she went a little too far with the teasing?

With Naruto...

"I'm not that childish... I just like to have fun, what's wrong with that?" Naruto grumbled to himself. But suddenly he stopped in his track. A weird feeling came over to the blonde godslayer as he looked into the sky. 'When did it start raining?'

Naruto was about to ask others people nearby if they felt anything when he saw a bright flash and everything suddenly went black.

"What the!?" Naruto suddenly felt as if he was in a cramped space. The blonde godslayer scrambled around in the cramped area, while trying to figure out what was going on.

It wasn't until another flash of light blinded him, and he felt himself fall onto the ground.

'This place sure is creepy...' Naruto thought as he looked at the ominous clouds swirling in the sky.

He were in what looked to be a snowy field, but he isn't standing on the snow. The same stuff was also falling from the sky as well.

Naruto reached out a hand and watched as a white puff-ball landed on it. "I have a bad feeling about this..."

The blonde godslayer spun around when he suddenly heard footsteps coming to his way and found a cloaked man walking towards him.

Naruto recognized the man. "Jellal, is that you? What's going on here?"

The man took off his mask and revealed his face, it was indeed Jellal. "I am not Jellal, I am Mystogan."

"Eh?" Naruto squinted his eyes before they went wide with realization. While the man in front of him indeed looked like the Jellal he had meet before being imprisonment, this Jellal felt like a different person. He also had the staves on his back like Naruto had remembered back when he had first met him. "Oh! Mystogan! I haven't seen you in a while! Do you know what's going on here? Where the heck are we?"

"This is Magnolia, it's been sucked up by Anima."