Chapter 22

Naruto yawned when he woke up from his sleep. he prepared to start the day by getting out of bed and walking towards the bathroom to take a shower.

when he was in the bathroom, he wanted to take his toothbrush that he put next to the bathroom mirror, but stopped when he watched his eyes reflection in the mirror.

He have red pupils which consist of several concentric circles, while Whiskers on his cheeks thickened.

he was thinking about what had happened to his appearance, and finally he reached a conclusion. Divine Overdrive.

With that in mind, he sped up his shower and when he finished he hurried to his library with towel attached to his waist.

he began to open his book and turn the page about the godslayer. Does he miss something or does this mode have permanent side effects in its use. he could not be sure because every time he felt strong emotions, this mode would be subconsciously activated by him.

he continued to search but did not have a clue about the side effects caused by the use of this mode. this only added to his confusion.

'so what the hell happened to me' he rubbed his chin, while continuing to read the information available in his book

after a while of endless searching, he finally found the problem in the page that he was reading.
it seems that the side effect of using divine overdrive for a god slayer is a permanent physical change for the user,
and physical changes are shaped like some part of the physical element of the god that is used by the user.

he sighed tiredly, after reading the page. fortunately only his eyes and whiskers that have changed drastically. if other parts change, there might be a commotion in the guild and he doesn't need that, thank you very much.

he closed the book in front of him slowly, and then walked towards his bedroom to wear his clothes. Naruto decided to change his style of dress from now on. Well if his physical changes, then his clothes must also follow the changes.

he wears a black uniform jacket with an orange zipper and buttons on the waist and sleeves, which can be folded up at times. He has a red armband with an Uzumaki crest on his left arm. While retaining his black shinobi sandals and orange pants.

after he was finished dressing, he walked to the mirror in his room and began to pay attention to his figure.

feeling pretty good and cool, he smiled contentedly and left his mansion to go down the road that led to the fairy tail guild.

At Fairy Tail

"COOOOLLL!"

Naruto cringed. 'Aw crap, this guy again!?'

Jason ran up to Naruto in a flash. "Naruto Uzumaki from Fairy Tail, we meet again! Mind if I ask you some questions?"

The blonde began to sweat. "Uh... no, I-"

"What are some names you go by, other than your actual name of course!"

Naruto sighed and thought about it for a second. "Well my friends back home used to call me unpredictable, or a one man army..."

"COOL! One man army, is this because of how strong your god slayer magic is? can you show me one of your strongest techniques?"

"Um, I don't know... My techniques can easily burning down the guil-"

"COOL! COOL! COOL!"

Backing up from the overly excited man, the ninja looked around. "You know... I gotta go look for my daily quest..."

Naruto hurried away to the request without looking at the hysterical reporter behind him. seriously did all reporters are this scary.

"Naruto?"

Hearing his name, the blonde turned to find Mirajane and Makarov carrying grocery bags. "Oh, hey Mira-Chan, hey gramps."

Makarov faltered in his steps. "Why can't you all just call me by my title? Kids have no respect these days."

The teens laughed at the grumbling old man.

"What's up with the bags?" Naruto asked and made a gesture to what they were holding.

Mirajane smiled cheerfully. "These are supplies for the upcoming Harvest Festival next week."

Naruto tilted his head. "What's that?"

Her eyes widened slightly. "Oh yeah, you're still pretty new to Magnolia aren't you? The Harvest Festival is an annual event here in Magnolia Town that is hosted by our guild. There is also the Miss Fairy Tail contest and to finish it off there's the Fantasia Parade."

The blonde raised an eyebrow. "Miss Fairy Tail?"

"It's a beauty contest among the females of Fairy Tail." The wizard saint explained with a sly expression.

"Master..." The Strauss sibling said sweetly.

Makarov coughed in his hand, avoiding any eye contact with the barmaid. "The winner gets 500,000 jewels."

"That's a lot of money!" Naruto said and rubbed his chin in thought. 'A beauty contest huh?'

When they reached the guild, Makarov handed Mirajane his bags. "Mira-Chan, could you put these away for me please? It seems my old age really is catching up to me..." He complained, rubbing his back to emphasize his statement.

She giggled. "No worries master, I'll take care of it."

"Thank you." He waited until she was out of hearing range before closing his eyes and speaking. "so are you interested in taking part in this contest, I know you can use transformation magic, I've even caught you turning into Natsu to pranking Gray yesterday"

Naruto leaned against the door and crossed his arms while smirking at fairy tail guild master. "I don't know old man, maybe I will join the contest after all"

The old man skipped over to the bar and hopped up onto the counter. "Mira-Chan, can I get a drink? I'm thirsty!" He whined childishly.

"Yes master!" She turned over to Naruto and smiled. "The usual?"

Naruto chuckled to himself before walking over to the bar. "You know it!"