Chapter 13

it's been a week since the phantom guild attack on the fairy tail. In that very short amount of time, Naruto learned that the black aura that he emitted while fighting several phantom mages was divine overdrive.

he was very happy to know that, he had already awakened the strongest stage of God Slayer's magic. But unfortunately he didn't know how to use it at will.

That aside, the fairy tail guild underwent renovation and all of its members helped in rebuilding their beloved guild.

Naruto took a bite of his food. "I can't believe the stupid council questioned us for a whole week!" He looked up and saw Natsu and Gray competing against one another to see who could carry more wood. One of them tripped on a rock and they both crashed down, the wood beams buried them.

The blonde laughed at them, slapping the crate he was sitting on. "Haha, you guys suck! I bet I could carry ten times the amount you had, and more!"

Natsu's head popped out of the pile. "Oh yeah? Then do it!"

Gray's head came out next. "Hey, where'd you get the food?"

Naruto looked at the pink bento box in his hands. "Oh, this? I sorta just found it after I woke up from my nap."

Natsu and Gray shivered when they suddenly felt an intense killing intent. "What was that?"

Naruto just looked at them, oblivious of what they were feeling. "What was what?"

"Natsu! Gray! Quit messing around!" Erza scolded. She had requipped into a construction worker's outfit.

The rivals grumbled and began to pick up their mess.

"What was that?" She growled challengingly.

"N-nothing Erza!"

"Aye!"

Naruto laughed at their panicked state.

Erza turned her attention to the laughing teen. "Naruto, you too! if you don't help us here, At least do something productive!"

Naruto got up and dusted himself off. "Yeah yeah. I was going to go find the old man anyway."

"What for?"

Naruto looked back at her and scratched his cheek. "Complicated stuff..."

She frowned. "I hope that you will share these... complications with the rest of us sometime? Or Do you not trust us?"

Naruto sighed. "It's not that, it's just... I'm not ready to tell you all yet. I will though, I promise."

Humming in approval, Erza left.

Sighing again, Naruto went off to go find Makarov.

"Now where is that old man... Oh right, the giant." He walked over and yelled. "Hey, gramps! Got a minute?"

The giant looked down and shrunk back down to his original size. "Yo! Naruto my boy, how can I help you?"

The blonde put his hands in his pockets. "I want to ask something about my godslayer magic, in private"

The old man nodded.
"Follow me"

They walked to a secluded area and sat down at a bench.

"So? You ready to share?"

Naruto steeled himself and nodded. "Yeah… It all started
when I was fighting Jose and Gajeel in the Phantom guild. I released a kind of black aura, and that aura surrounded my body, after a while I learned that it was an aura released when a godslayer reached a stage called Divine Overdrive"

Makarov closed his eyes. "So I take it, you want to know, how to enter this stage at will."

The blonde nodded. "Yes."

The old man stayed silent, his expression neutral and unreadable.

Naruto looked down. "I can leave if you want-"

Smack!

Makarov smacked the back of his head.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Naruto stopped yelling when he heard laughter. "W-what are you laughing for?"

"the answer is only one, feeling" he said while laughing out loud

Naruto who saw this could only stare at the old man in front of him with deadpan look. and here he asked the old man seriously.

"what do you mean old man"
he asked questioningly.

"You say, you awaken this power when fighting Jose and Gajeel don't you" he said while grinning.

"Yes" Naruto said, not sure where this conversation was headed.

"when you fight both of them, is there something happening around you" he asked while sipping the tea in his hand.

Naruto began to think for a moment, and finally realized there was indeed something going on around him when he fought jose and gajeel "Well, I saw my friends injured while fighting Jose, and also Lucy who was tortured by Gajeel"

Makarov's smile began to widen, and Naruto finally realized what was meant by the old man in front of him.
That is the feelings for comrades.

Naruto who already realized this could only laugh at his own stupidity "hehe, thanks for the advice old man" he said while running away from the guild master of fairy tail

he finally understood, the feeling of caring for friends is the key to reaching the divine overdrive stage.