Chapter 50

Naruto was lying in the guild infirmary room with Wendy sitting beside his bed. After reaching the guild, many people asked why his entire body was covered by bandages. in the end they encountered Erza and forcefully explained all events that happened on their mission together. After hearing they explanations, she forced him to lie down in the guild's infirmary room for a whole day.

"That really was awesome Wendy, and it only your first big job too." Naruto said as he chowed down on his meal.

Wendy shook her head and smiled. "No I didn't do anything, Naruto-san is the one who defeated Kori. And I was able to learn a lot about Naruto-San from this job!"

Naruto laughed and rubbed the little girl's head playfully, earning a cute pout from the sky dragon slayer.

The two slayers is about to continued their conversation until they heard, many People were shouting and cheering in the bar-hall. Something must have happened.

The two decided to cut their chat short to investigate and after exiting the infirmary, they found all the guild members celebrating. It looked like a festival was going on.

"What's going on?" Naruto asked as he and Wendy ran up to a group of people.

Lucy didn't seem to know what was going on either. "I don't know. The bells just started ringing and now everyone's going crazy."

"It's Fairy Tail's ace, Gildarts." Mirajane said with a smile. "It seems he's come back."

Naruto and Wendy both looked at each other. Since they are new members of the guild, this was their first-time hearing of this Gildarts person.

"Hey Naruto, what are you doing here. I though you already be reminded to not exiting the infirmary room." Erza said with intimidating glare directed at the blond godslayer.

"please Erza, just this once let me come out and see him" Naruto said hopefully.

Erza continued to glare at the blonde godslayet, but in the end she gave up and let out a tired sigh "just this once okay"

"Thank you Erza....So about earlier, is he the strongest member of the guild?" Naruto asked. Just what kind of person was this Gildarts? If he's as strong as everyone was making him out to be, he must pretty powerful. It was making him pretty excited.

Mirajane nodded. "And he's been gone for three years now."

"Doing what?" Lucy asked.

"A one hundred-years quest." Mirajane simply answered.

Lucy's eyes bulged while Naruto just looked more confused. "What's a one hundred-year quest?"

"It's a job that no one has been able to complete for one hundred years." The eldest Strauss sibling explained.

"They're jobs that are even more difficult than S-Rank missions and even SS-Rank missions." Erza added.

Naruto grinned, he'd have to try taking on one of those missions in the future. He didn't know how hard a job like that would be, but there was no way it would take him one hundred years to finish it!

"What makes Gildarts-san so amazing, is that he even took on a one-hundred-year quest."

By the look on Wendy's face, Naruto assumed that meant those missions were even harder than any normal quests. That made Naruto grow even more excited to meet this Gildarts guy.

"All people prepare for the Gildarts shift!" A voice that was being projected by a magical megaphone echoed throughout the town.

"What's a 'Gildarts shift' Mira-san?" Wendy asked and Mirajane pointed to the entrance.