Chapter 23

"Welcome to the Miss Fairy Tail Contest!" Max spoke through a microphone to the huge crowd in front of him. "Now, for what all of you all been waiting for... Let the contest begin!"

The crown cheered.

Sand flew around the announcer. "I, Max Arose the sand mage, will be your host!"

Naruto was sitting with Gray, Natsu, and Happy in the reserved seats for the guild members. "That guy really likes to talk."

"Yeah, to think he'd want to stand in front of all these people willingly." Gray said before looking at Naruto slyly. "So, who are you going to vote for?"

Naruto raised an eyebrow. "What do mean? I thought everyone gets to vote? Why are you asking me? Besides, the contest hasn't even started yet."

Gray sent the blonde a flat look. "Dude, seriously?"

"What's the point of this contest? They're not even going to fight..." Natsu mumbled to himself. "A real Miss Fairy Tail contest should be a tournament, where the girls would duke it out to find out who the strongest is!"

"Wouldn't Erza win it every time then?" Gray asked and Natsu opened his mouth to argue with his rival, but closed it when he couldn't think of anything.

Erza was Erza.

Naruto laughed. "It's because men are perverts, and I have little reason to doubt they're all here to see the girls who will most likely be wearing revealing outfits."

"What are you talking about, there are girls in the crowd too..." Natsu said and looked back, only to sweatdrop when he saw that the crowd was in fact dominated by men who were shouting and screaming for the contest to start. In fact, he could hardly see any girls in the crowd. "Huh..."

Naruto nodded his head sagely. "See what I mean?"

"So he says, but he's just as clueless in another way." Happy said while shaking his head, and the three boys shared a laugh when Naruto bristled with anger.

Their attention was brought back to the stage when Max announced the first woman. "May I introduce you to our first contestant, miss Cana Alberona!" The crowd roared as the brunette walked onto the stage and posed.

She took out a deck of cards and they started to float around. Everyone watched as the cards covered her form. They then came off to reveal Cana now wearing a swimsuit.

Naruto nodded his head approvingly. "That was a nice use of her card magic."

"The second contestant! Miss Juvia Lockser!" Max announced as Juvia walked onto the stage.

"Watch me, Naruto-Sama!" She said as her body turned into water. The liquid went up to her neck and came back down to reveal her wearing a blue polka dotted swimsuit.

Naruto gave her a thumbs up. "The water goes well with your swimsuit, nice Juvia!" He said and the girl blushed, which caused some of the men in the crowd to glare at him with jealousy.

Gray sweatdropped at the ninja's commentary remarks. "What are you, an expert?"

"And now for our third contestant, the one and only, Mirajane!"

Elfman, who was sitting in the seat behind Naruto, nudged the blonde's seat. "Nee-Chan's got this in the bag!"

Mirajane waved to the crowd cheerfully as she made her way onto the stage. "Hello everyone! Today I'm going to be showing you my transformation magic! First I'll perform..." Her face transformed into a familiar cat. "The face of Happy!"

"Ehhhh!?"

Naruto and Happy both fell onto the floor laughing their heads off. "Oh man... That's great Mira-Chan!" Their sides began to hurt when she turned her face into Gajeel's.

"Nee-Chan..." Elfman mustered, mortified by his sister's unexpected performance.

Max quickly recovered and spoke. "Now, for our fourth contestant. Fairy Tail's strongest female mage, Erza Scarlet!"

The audience roared as Erza marched onto the stage.

"There she is!"

"It's Erza!"

After finishing his laughter, Naruto sat back onto his seat and raised an eyebrow. "Erza? I wonder what she's gonna do."

The red head smirked. "Now I'll show you..." Her body began to glow in a golden light, indicating her Requip magic. "... My Requip that I've been reserving for this." The light faded, revealing her now wearing a cute black skirt dress with a bow on her hair.

She hummed confidently. "I've won."

Naruto looked over the outfit with a thoughtful expression. "Huh, not bad."

The ice mage sent him a deadpanned look. "Seriously... what are you going on about?"

Max pulled out the next card with the name of the next contestant. "And now... Er..." He hesitated and glanced at Makarov, who gave him a short nod. "...I present to you... Naruto Uzumaki! Our fifth contestant!"

"Huh!?

"Isn't that a guy?"

Gray staggered in his seat and whirled his head to look at the blonde next to him. Naruto grinned at him and put up a peace sign before bursting into a cloud of smoke. He was then seen walking onto the stage next to Max.

Laughing internally at all the strange looks he was getting, the shinobi smirked and made a hand seal.

"Henge!"

A plume of smoke covered Naruto's form and dispersed to reveal a naked, busty woman with long flowing blonde hair

A plume of smoke covered Naruto's form and dispersed to reveal a naked, busty woman with long flowing blonde hair. The only thing blocking their eyes from seeing her modesty was a slightly see-through trail of smoke twirling around her body.

The woman pursed her full lips seductively. "Vote. For. Me?"

The male members of the audience all flew back in a trail of blood, minus the surprised Happy and Natsu.

Turning back to normal, Naruto snickered. "Ha! Works every time!" He then walked to the back of the stage and passed a surprised Lucy. "Good luck out there."

"How? What? Eh!?" She sputtered.

Naruto just laughed and kept walking. Wiping a stray tear from his eye, he suddenly felt a sense of danger. Turning around, he found a woman with light brown hair in a green dress staring at him.

"That was quite a show you put on, Naruto Uzumaki I believe?" She asked as she walked towards him with swaying hips.

"Who are you?" Naruto asked defensively.

The woman put her hands up in mock defense. "Oh my, is that how people greet their comrades these days?"

Seeing the Fairy Tail mark on her chest, Naruto lowered his guard. "Sorry, I still don't know all the members yet. But you shouldn't sneak up on people like that." Something felt off about this woman, but he just could put his finger on it.

She giggled and continued her advance towards the blonde and Stopped right in front of him. "You know, you're not bad, for a kid."

Naruto fumed. "I'm not a kid! I'll have you know I just turned seventeen last week-" He was cut short when the lady took off her glasses, and the last thing he saw before blacking out was Evergreen's shining eyes.