Chapter 30

Having worked out a new strategy, the guilds split up to look for the Oración Seis' base of operations.

Jura and Lyon were one group, while Ichiya, Ren, and Eve were another. Naruto, Juvia, and Charla were the last group while Lucy and Hibiki had stayed behind to look after Erza.

"So Wendy-Chan is a Sky Dragon Slayer huh? So does that mean she eats air?" Naruto asked Charla as they ran through the forest.

"Yes." The cat answered.

"Juvia wonders if there are any water dragon slayers, and if they eat water." Juvia said and giggled.

The blonde laughed. "That'd be pretty weird, I wonder if we'll ever meet someone like that."

Charla shook her head. "Honestly, you Fairy Tail mages are so carefree."

"Whoa... what's up with those trees?" Some of the plant life around them were colored a pitch black, as though they were shrouded in darkness.

Naruto walked over to one of the darkened timbers and put a hand on it. "This is so weird..I don't feel anything but darkness in these things. Is this because of that Nirvana thing?"

"That's one of the rumored effects of Nirvana, Zatou-Nii-San."

"Because of its tremendous magic, the ground goes on dying, Gatou-Nii-San."

Naruto and Juvia spun around and got into defensive positions. There was two monkey-like men walking towards them.

Naruto narrowed his eyes and looked around. "Be careful, we're surrounded." More people walked out into the open as he spoke.

"We are Oración Seis affiliated, Naked Mummy." The one named Gatou declared.

"A dark guild huh?" Naruto cracked his knuckles. "And you work for the guys we're after. Why don't you tell us where their base is?"

One of the Naked Mummy goons laughed. "Oh yeah? Big talk coming from two kids and a cat!"

"Do not mock Naruto-Sama, those who do will be punished." Juvia said darkly as water began to swarm around her form.

"What are you fools thinking!? We're clearly outnumbered! We should run away when we get the chance!" Charla yelled at the two Fairy Tail members.

Naruto looked at the white cat for a second before grinning. 
"Sorry, but this is just how mages from Fairy Tail do things." With that said, he charged into the ongoing battle.

After awhile...

Having defeated the Naked Mummy members with close to no trouble, Naruto, Juvia, and Charla found themselves staring at the ruins to ancient village. They were standing on a cliff just above it.

"So, this is their base? If those fools lied to Naruto-Sama..." Juvia heatedly said and began to flare out killer intent, spooking Charla.

'This woman is crazy!' The cat thought as Naruto walked towards the edge. "What are you doing? That has to be a one-hundred-foot drop at least!"

"Don't worry, I'll just walk down." The shinobi casually said and jumped.

"You fool! What are you-" Charla activated her wings and was about to save him, but stopped when she found the blonde sticking to the rocky wall like a magnet on a refrigerator. "…What?" This guy was full of surprises.

"See? I told you, now let's go get Wendy-Chan." Naruto laughed and looked back up. "Hey Juvia, you stay up here and keep a lookout. I'll call you if things get crazy."

"Yes Naruto-Sama!" Juvia said faithfully.

Running down to the bottom of the cliff, Naruto hopped onto the ground without a sound before scanning the area. From what he could tell, the place was completely deserted.

"They're probably in that cave." Charla pointed out while flying right next to him.

Naruto nodded and crept along the wall towards the entrance of the den. Peering through, he had to hold back a gasp at what he saw. 'That guy's still alive!?'

A fully revived Jellal stood in front of Brain and seemed to be completely fine, aside the fact he was only wearing tattered pants. He also took note that the guy named Racer was leaning against a boulder across from them and the person he thought he remembered was named Midnight was sleeping on a floating carpet.

When she found Wendy, Charla was about to rush in when Naruto stopped her and covered her mouth before she could shout. "Hold on a second!" The blonde hissed as the cat struggled in his grasp. "I have a plan." He said and grinned, his crimson red eyes glowed brightly.

Wendy sniffled to herself as the leader of the Oración Seis spoke to Jellal, though he didn't seem to be very responsive. 'Was it a mistake to revive Jellal? I remember the rumors of all the bad things people say he did...' She was pulled out of her thoughts when someone shouted from the entrance.

"Hey!"

Everyone looked to the entrance and found Naruto pointing at them with a grin etched across his face. "I'm here to bring back Wendy-Chan!" He yelled and threw a shuriken at Brain, who just stepped out of the way. The throwing star embedded itself in the wall near Wendy, causing the girl to flinch. "Ah! Sorry, my bad Wendy-Chan!"

"Racer, take care of this fool." Brain ordered and the speed man nodded before taking off in a flash.

"Oh crap!" Naruto turned around and dashed off into the deserted village with Racer hot on his trail.

Brain turned his attention back to the ex-council member. "So, will you help us in our search for Nirvana?" His eyes widened when Jellal suddenly put his hand out and shattered the ground underneath him with magic. "Grahhh!" Brain yelled as he fell, some rocks falling on top of him.

Wendy watched with tearful eyes as Jellal turned and left the cave, leaving her alone in the room with the sleeping mage on the floating carpet. She heard a popping noise from behind her and turned around to find Charla covered in a shroud of smoke.

"Wendy!" The cat shouted and latched onto the more than shocked girl.

"Charla!? How did you get here?"

The feline let out a little snarl. "That beast, suddenly grabbing me and turning me into a weapon like that! How dare he!"

Wendy looked over to the wall where the shuriken Naruto threw had ended up to find that it was no longer there. "How did he do that?"

"We'll ask him later, are you okay? Did you use your healing magic? How could you be so foolish as to use it so recklessly like that!?" Charla scolded before gasping when Wendy collapsed from exhaustion. "WENDY!"