Chapter 49

"Father!" A little boy cried in joy as he saw his parent from a distance just by the town's gate. Joy seemed to have overwhelmed both father and son as they both sprinted towards each other. The man gladly welcomed the boy as he leapt onto his father's arms while crying in joy. Behind the boy was Naruto and Wendy, watching their heart-warming reunion. They eventually found the man son just at the entrance of the cave along with other people who was about to be sold as a slave.

"My son. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you from them." The father blamed himself for endangering the safety of his child. But he couldn't do anything, given from his current situation.

"I-It's all right dad. It's over. I'm just glad that you were okay too." The boy sobbed while feeling relief that nothing happened to his father.

Naruto still have some slight wounds even after being healed. But he managed to giving off another smile together with Wendy, and the others important things is they finally finished their quest.

"Good to have you back with your dad little kid." Naruto spoke earning both their attention. The father nearly forgot about them since he was really focused only to his son, and finally turned towards them.

"Yes. Thank you mages. Really thank you." The father nodded in satisfaction.

"Y-You didn't have to thank us mister. We did what we have to do." Wendy agitated at the man appreciation.

A couple of laughs followed including both the man and his son seeing the mages have fun with one another. Wendy really enjoyed herself with her new guild and family. She thought about coming with Naruto was the best choice. She never had so much fun in her life even back at Cait Shelter. Of course she won't forget about them, she had a new family who managed to mend her broken heart and make her walking to a new path of her life. She wished nothing more but the warm feeling of being accepted by her new family.

The group stayed with the man and his son for awhile, and at the same time enjoying themselves in Herthia. They explored many different places. But that didn't took forever as afternoon passes and it's time for the duo  returned to the magnolia down. They waited at the train station until the next train arrives to the town.

"Here." Naruto handed two pouches of jewels that supposedly to be used for food when he came back home, but he wanted to give a hope for the father and his son to live on.

"I don't know if I should take this young man. You've already done enough for me and my son." The man tried to reject the offer.

"Nah. If you take them, I've done enough for you guys. Plus, it's your turn to give something for him. After all, you're his father." Naruto smiled warmly, while looked at the boy. Wendy noticed this and smiling for herself. She never seen him being so thoughtful of someone. At least Wendy knew, although it was kind of different. Even if it's a stranger, he's willing to lending a helping hand. She gazed at him, while thinking deeply of how much a very kind person Naruto was. The man reached out of the jewel pouches and thanked him with slight tears coming from the man's eyes.

The train finally arrives at Herthia, and The duo entering the train. The train starts to depart as it slowly moves and begins to head to the next destination. Naruto, and Wendy waved towards the man and his son. They're not going to forget the generosity and the help from the Fairy Tail mages.

"We're gonna miss them." Wendy returned to her seat with Naruto.

after a while since the train started departing, Naruto began to fall asleep. She blushed as all her thoughts about him flowed freely in her head, when she saw the peaceful face of the god-slayer blonde. Her bangs shadowed her head revealing only a blushing face with her necklace held tightly within her right hand, and she started to feeling her heart beat fast as she let the feelings flow inside her head.

He gave her a new start to stand for herself and for the ones she cared about. Wendy finally made her decision. From now on, she will always  standing beside him. She wished for them to be like the two people they saved at the Herthia town someday.

But right now, she just want to stay like this for awhile. She leaned her head at Naruto's shoulder and slept instantly after closing her eyes. Her mind drifted peacefully at her simple slumber with her fire godslayer partner, beside her.

Few hours passed, the train approaches Aphrilde... 10:30 p.m.

Naruto weakly opened his eyes not remembering about the things happened after they entering the train.  he slowly tried to lift his head up, but couldn't because it was rested on someone. Wait, to whom he was resting with? He looked and seeing Wendy sleeping soundly while leaning into him. He thought for a moment to process everything. His mind suddenly shot up. Why was he sleeping beside her. He doesn't remember anything. He looked for a moment at her sleeping face. Her bangs is somehow shadowing the innocent and cute face of the girl. Naruto subconsciously reached his other hand to fix those strands of blue hair to reveal her face completely.

He smiled in satisfaction, after seeing Wendy face and sighed tiredly. He hate to admit it but he was really tired despite his explosive nature. He was about to go back sleep when he heard an announcement coming from the speaker.

"Attention all passengers, after a few minutes we will be arriving at Magnolia town. Please don't leave your things unattended as you leave this train. Thank you."

'I'm better waking Wendy. After all We're almost there.' He thought and began to shake the body of the sky dragon slayer slowly. As soon the train made a full stop at Magnolia, passengers began to walk out while others board on the next stop. The duo  walked out of the train and started to make their way to the Fairy tail guild.