Chapter 27

"Are you sure you want to take part in the parade Naruto?" Lucy asked with worried tone while looking at the ninja's still bruised fists. "They still don't look fully healed yet..."

Naruto waved her off. "You worry too much. Besides, I'm just gonna show some tricks using my fire magic, nothing too flashy." After all, Naruto was now known throughout Fiore for his abilities to produce black flames thanks to a certain magazine.

"If you say so..." Lucy still couldn't help but worry though, she knew how reckless he was.

"The parade's about to start everyone! Get into your places!" Someone called out.

"Oh, I better get with the other girls, don't push yourself too hard!" Lucy said and ran off to her spot with the others.

After a couple more minutes the parade started, and the mages of Fairy Tail marched down the street with pride in their steps. The townsfolk watched in awe as they watched the different shows of magic and performances.

Naruto had decided to create various kinds of circus equipment using his magic, .he demonstrated his acrobatic abilities in front of everyone. he will deliberately make mistakes, and children or adults that pass by, laughing at his behavior. And at the end of the show, he uses his fire magic to make fireworks that shine very brightly in the sky.

Naruto smiled happily as he watched all the joyful faces, he really was starting to love this town.

After awhile...

After the parade ended, everyone was now celebrating back at the guild.

Makarov walked over to where Naruto was cheering with some other mages. "Naruto my boy! How are your hands? You didn't push yourself too much just for us, did you?"

Naruto shook his head. "I'm fine, no need to stress over me gramps."

Makarov chuckled to himself. 'yeah right, don't act all tough boy.' He was brought out of his thoughts when Gajeel walked up next to him.

"Here, master." Gajeel said, handing the old man a slip of paper. "I have your son Ivan's location."

Taking the paper, Makarov nodded thankfully. "Sorry to have you do such a dangerous thing."

"There's something I have to warn you about though." The iron dragon slayer said abruptly. "From what I told him about the events that have happened, Ivan's gained some interest in Naruto's god slayer magic."

"Hm..." This didn't settle well with the wizard saint.

"Well in any case, we won't let him do as he pleases."

"Ah! Gajeel!" Naruto yelled while pointed an accusing finger/cast. "Where the hell have you been this whole time!?"

"Who would want jump in the middle of a fight between two monster!? I ain't stupid, I know when to pick my battles. Unlike a certain loud mouthed fire-sucker." He fired back, causing Natsu to raise and angry fist.

"You picking a fight with me? I didn't get to fight anyone so bring it on!" That said, the pink haired teen tackled Gajeel, knocking over a bunch of people in the process.

One thing led to another and eventually everybody was dragged into the usual bar fight.

Makarov sighed. "You kids are gonna be the end of me..."

Naruto's mansion...

Naruto opened his eyes. Everything was blurry, was he dreaming? He could barely make out his surroundings and saw nothing but trees, a forest?

His attention was caught by a giggle. Turning to find the owner of the laugh, he caught a glimpse of long blonde hair disappear behind one of the trees. 'Hey, wait up!'

Following the laughing girl, Naruto looked up to see the biggest tree he had ever seen in his entire life.

The ninja now suddenly found himself standing in front of what he thought was a grave. He read the name on the stone. 'Mavis Vermilion. Who's that?'

Hearing another giggle, Naruto turned around to find a girl standing behind him.

His vision was still too blurry to make out her face, but he could see that she was wearing a long dress and had no shoes on.

She spoke, her voice echoing enchantingly. "Find me, when the time comes."

Naruto woke up and sat up. 'It was just a dream! But it felt so real...'

That girl... who was she? Mavis Vermilion, he'd have to ask the old man the next time he saw him.

Reaching onto the table in front of his couch, he grabbed onto a notebook and pencil. After writing down the name of the mysterious girl, the tired blonde closed his eyes again and went back to sleep.

The next day on Fairy tail guild...

"He got first place!?"

Naruto cackled loudly as he counted his winnings. "I wonder how much ramen I can buy with this?"

The results for the Miss Fairy Tail Contest came in and were posted all over the guild. Naruto had won first place by a landslide with Erza coming in second and Lucy in third.

Lucy was balling her eyes out internally. 'First he beats me in a feminine contest, now he's going to spend all that precious money on noodles...'

Seeing Lucy depressed state, Naruto held out the prize money and grinned. "Here."

This took Lucy by surprise. "Wait, what? Why?"

Naruto shrugged. "I was planning on giving you the prize money if I won in the first place. I don't really need it anyways."

Lucy was taken aback by the sudden turn of events. Now she didn't have to ask him to pay for her half of the rent. No wait, if she accepted the money, then Naruto would still technically be paying the entire rent. "Thanks Naruto, but I think you should spend it on something you want."

Yeah, all he ever did was help her, she wouldn't feel right with herself by just taking it.

"Oh, if you say so." After putting the cash into his waist bag, Naruto frowned when he noticed Erza was sitting by herself, seemingly lost in thought. Was she upset about getting second place to him? He didn't think she was the sore-loser type. "Hey, what's up with Erza lately?"

Lucy looked over to the S-class mage and shrugged. "I don't know, she's been like that ever since the Harvest Festival ended."

The ninja nodded in understanding before turning around and shouting. "Hey Natsu! Happy! Let's go get some food! My treat!"

"AYE SIR" Natsu and happy shouted cheerfully.