Chapter 7

Naruto and Natsu stood in front of the guild, face to face. A rather large crowd had gathered around them, news of their fight had spread like wildfire upon their returned from their battle with Lullaby.

"Natsu is going to fight Naruto?" One of the onlookers murmured.

"This should be a good fight!" Another exclaimed.

Lucy pushed her way to the front of the crowd. "Are they really going to fight?"

"Yes, and we should expect a good fight between these two." Erza said as she watched the two combatants stare each other down. She was looking forward to seeing how the God slayer ninja fought.

"I'm curious to see what happens myself." Lucy looked down to find Makarov walking towards the duo. "Okay brats! I don't want to see the town get destroyed, so keep the magic toned down a bit will ya?"

The two nodded and started doing some light stretching. A little warm up before a sparring match never hurt anyone.

Natsu got into a fighting stance. "I'm getting fired up!"

"Ready when you are." Naruto said as he tightened his headband.

At the indication, Natsu ran straight at him with his burning fist reared back.

Naruto sidestepped and stuck his leg out, tripping Natsu in the process. "Charging head on with no plan?"

Rolling back onto his feet, the pink haired mage smirked. "I have a plan alright… To kick your ass!" He reared back his arm and launched himself at the shinobi once more.
"Fire Dragon's Iron Fist!"

Naruto jumped straight up as the attack hit the ground, causing a minor explosion.
the attack rush past him as he began to fall. 'His attack are heavy, but hasty. Sorta reminds me of my old fighting style.'

Looking up, the dragon slayer found Naruto falling right at him. "You can't dodge if you're in the air!" Taking a deep breath, he roared. "Fire Dragon's Roar!"

The flame consumed Naruto, while seems destroying him  in an instant. Natsu laughed victoriously. "Hah! Serves you right for being cocky!"

but Natsu widening his eyes, when he saw that his attack began to be swallowed up little by little by Naruto.

Naruto landed gracefully on the ground, and sweatdropped when he saw Natsu growl with annoyance at him.

"hey that's not fair, how can you eat my fire HUH" he said, growling in annoyance.

Naruto sighed, when faced with Natsu's childish behavior
"First of all, I am a
fire God slayer and that means I can eat all things made of fire, including your attack Natsu"

but then a triumphant smile appeared on his face "and second, I like to eat fire to restore my magic. So thanks for the meal"

"so as a thanks, I will show you, the true power of a godslayer" Naruto said and began to gather fire in his lungs, and shouted.

"Fire god's bellow"

Naruto breathes a massive fireball of flame toward Natsu. The attacks hit Natsu head on and make him fly until he landed roughly on the ground.

Alright that settles it! Naruto is the winner!" Makarov sighed, relieved to see the match end with no damage done to the town. He then looked over at Naruto with a slight grin as the crowd began to cheer. "Strong kid…"

As the crowd continued to chant Naruto's name, Natsu growled in frustration. "Aw come on! We were just getting started!" He whined fruitlessly. "If we were fighting seriously, I would have won for sure!"

Gray walked over to the raging teen and shook his head. "Face it hot-head, you were beat."

"Oh yeah? Wanna fight me next, pervert?" Natsu challenged as they butted heads.

"I don't see why I'd bother with a weakling like you." The ice mage retorted.

Their little feud was cut short by a loud clap. "There will be no more fighting. I am a messenger from the magic council."

Naruto looked at the messenger with a raised eyebrow. 'A frog?'

Seeing as he got their full attention, the messenger spoke. "The one named Naruto Uzumaki has been placed under arrest." The amphibian declared, getting a gasp from the crowd.

"Ehh!? What did I do?" The accused ninja stepped back, confused on why they would want to arrest him. He didn't do anything wrong...

Oh wait, he destroyed the building where all the guild masters met up, plus burn the surrounding area with his black fire.

Makarov walked next to him. "It's best just to do what the council say boy, it'll make things easier."

Naruto nodded hesitantly, but left with the frog. If the old man thought it was okay to go without question, then who was he to argue?