Chapter 24

Naruto's mindscape...

Naruto awoke in a familiar sewer. "Huh?"

"How pathetic... To fall for such a simple trap." The Kurama stared down at his host and sent him a pitiful look. "If it weren't for me, you would have died a long time ago."

Naruto waved a lazy hand. "Nice to see you too, and in my defense, I wasn't expecting to be attacked by someone else in the guild." He crossed his arms. "So? Why'd you call me here?, are you going to tell me about something?"

The fox grunted. "I'll talk when I want to talk, not that it would do you any good."

A tick mark grew on the teen's forehead. "Fine then!" He turned to leave. "If you're not going to say anything, then there's a girl with glasses outside that needs to be questioned."

An unnoticed grin formed on the Kurama's mouth, though it quickly disappeared when he spoke. "Use some of my chakra, just a small burst and that woman's spell should be broken."

Now it was Naruto's turn to grunt. "Hmph, I could break out of it without your help, you stupid fox." He turned around waved a hand. "Later, Kurama."

Real world...

With a small burst of Kurama's chakra, Naruto burst out of the stone that covering his body.

"Where's that Evergreen lady!?" He yelled angrily. Looking around, he noticed the bar was mostly empty, except for Makarov and Natsu. The dragon slayer was trying to run out of the guild but seemed to be stopped by an invisible wall.

Makarov turned and saw that Naruto had broken out. "Naruto! Thank goodness, we might still have a chance!"

The ninja walked over to the old man. "Hey, what's going on here?"

The master gave him a brief explanation on what their current situation was. At the mentioning of the girls being petrified in stone the same way he was, Naruto whirled around and looked at the stage.

There, lined up one by one, were the other participants of the Miss Fairy Tail contest.

Naruto ran up to the statues. "What happened to them!?"

Makarov sighed. "The same thing that happened to you. Evergreen."

Naruto looked at the surprised expression on Lucy's face and frowned. "How do we get them out?"

Stroking his beard in thought, the wizard saint pointed out the door. "I suppose if you defeat her, the spell will be broken. How did you get out anyway?"

Naruto wanted to answer the fairy tail guild master question, but stopped when he Heard Natsu's rage-filled screams. Naruto sighed tiredly and pointed at him. "Why can't he get out?"

Makarov shook his head. "Because of Freed's runes, people over the age of eighty can't leave the guild."

Natsu spun his head. "Like hell I am! Stupid runes, let me out! I wanna fight too!"

Glancing at the frozen girls one last time, the shinobi turned to leave. "I'm heading out. First, I'll find Evergreen and make her undo her spell, then I'll take care of Laxus."

Makarov nodded thankfully. "The guild is in your hands, good luck."

"Right!" Naruto kicked off the ground and dashed through the entrance.

With Naruto...

Naruto ran along the rooftops, hopping from building to building. 'Okay, where are you Laxus...' He stopped abruptly when a sudden wave of energy hit him. It felt demonic, but familiar at the same time. 'Better go check it out.' He thought as he jumped in the direction, where he felt the evil energy came from.

Coming to a stop on a bridge, he saw a fallen Elfman, Juvia, and Cana.

"Guys!" Naruto ran over and checked each one of them for injuries. They all seemed okay, just unconscious.

His attention was caught by a bright light followed by an explosion. "Mira...Chan?"

Mirajane's appearance had drastically changed. Her hair was now floating straight up in a wild fashion, and her ears were long and pointy. Her arms were covered in scaly gauntlets, complete with sharp claws. Instead of her usual dress, she was wearing a one-piece suit that reveal most of her belly. Crack-like lines ran along parts of her skin. All and all, she straight-up looked like a demon.

"That's Nee-Chan's... Satan Soul." Elfman grumbled, now awake, and Naruto helped him up. "I never thought I would see it again, that power..."

Naruto watched in astonishment as Mirajane pummeled her foe, who also looked demonic himself.

Seeing the blonde's bewildered expression, Elfman explained. "Satan Soul is a magic that allows the user to take over the form, power, and abilities of a demon."

The ninja's eyes widened. 'A demon?'

They continued to watch the seemingly one sided match until Mirajane ended up on top of the green haired man, ready to finish him off with a fist reared back.

Naruto was about to interfere but was stopped by Elfman. "What are you-" He stopped when the man shook his head and just watched. Doing the same, Naruto watched as the white-haired beauty reverted back to her normal self.

Cana had long since woken up and walked over to the two boys, leaning onto Naruto's shoulder when she couldn't walk anymore. "There's just no stopping that girl, is there?"

"That was the last of them right? Now all that's left is Laxus himself." Naruto slammed a fist into his hand. "Time to teach that guy a lesson." He then walked over to Juvia, who was still unconscious. "But first..." He said as he picked the girl up. "We should get you guys back to the guild."