Chapter 42

Naruto and Wendy wander to different shops and destinations in town. They are beginning to have a good time together. Wendy was enjoying every moment, that she share with the blonde godslayer as they stumbled into different places.

"Hey Naruto-san. Why don't we try this one?" Wendy called out to Naruto, while pointing at another shop. They already went to four different stores looking for anything that interest them. Naruto agreed and the two entered the store. They saw many beautiful things. There are some clothes accessories, and some ornaments.

"Let's take a look around Wendy-chan." Naruto said to her which she nodded in response. They separate themselves to each other as they look around. Naruto doesn't know what he will choose to buy. He wanted to buy souvenirs in this job. Something to keep as a remembrance. He looked to each corner, while deciding which of the things he must buy.

"Hmm. This is harder than I expected." He closed his eyes to think for a moment. He then opened his eyes to see Wendy standing beside him, instantly breaking him into a surprise.

"W-Wendy-chan!...Since when did you came here?" He asked pointing his finger at her.

"Huh? I'm just over to the other side Naruto-san. You should have noticed."

"Sorry. I'm just thinking again."

"Thinking about what?"

"About choosing some souvenirs when we get back home. I wanted to buy something that could be a remembrance for the two of us." He grinned at her, causing Wendy to hide her blush.

"A-ah, sure." They continued to look for souvenirs only this time they were searching closely together. They each suggested opinions about every things that they find amusing. At least no one wants the conversation to be quiet. Wendy was looking at the accessories with Naruto who was looking to the other stand. She immediately saw a sapphire necklace. It was no ordinary necklace, it was crafted beautifully as shown for its elegant structure. The sapphire was very beautiful as it was place in the center of the necklace revealing its sparkle when light passes through. Wendy just stared at the necklace. Now she probably has something to buy for. She looked to the price. She became widely shocked at the price. She didn't counted it wrong, her eyes are as sharp that of a dragon to notice. It was over 40,000 jewels! Wendy's face dropped down. She just joined Fairy Tail and she never earned such jewels as this. But it was her favorite. It can tell from her first glance to the necklace.

"Yo, Old Man! Come here for a bit." a familiar voice erupted beside her calling out to the shop manager. It was Naruto.

"What the. Don't call me old man you jerk!" The shop manager shouted back. Quite annoyed to heard someone call at him, but keep his cool nonetheless. He wanted to be decent as he can be when it comes to his customers whether they are crazy or not. The shop manager reached to the two who were standing beside each other.

"Now what is it that you called me out for Mr. uh."

"Just call me Naruto. I'm not used to be called formally or any of that sort." He spoke at the shop manager while scratching his cheek with one hand.

"It's not like I wanted to know your name! I'm doing it out of respect for my customers." came the retorted reply.

Naruto ignoring the reply, and proceeded to the reason why he brought the manager. "Anyway, how much of that thing?" He pointing at what Wendy is holding. Wendy was confused of what the shop manager looked at, and finally realize what she's holding at her hands.

"Ahhh. That's one unique necklace, it was a traded accessory from another town which I bought along with other traded supplies. The last person who owned it, said that he found it on a mountain. It was pretty. I've never seen such beautiful work." He stopped to recall about the necklace and continued. "I was planning on keeping it to myself, but I'm  not really into accessories-thingy."