Time To Spare

Y/n POV

I rubbed my eyes when I finally rolled out of bed. My face was dry from yesterday's stained tears. When my eyes finally adjusted, I went to check the time on my phone. When I went to pick it up, I noticed a piece of paper sitting beside it. I picked it up and gave it a close look, only to realize it was from Tony.

Dear Y/n,

I know you're really upset with me and my decision. You're a strong, intelligent, and quite astonishing girl, but you haven't reached your full potential. Anyways, I do care about your life and I do care about your relationships with friends and others. As of right now I want to keep you out of harms way. I'll be back soon...

Please forgive me

-Tony Stark

Reading the letter calmed my senses, which had been running at triple speed for the past few days. I knew I could forgive Tony, after all he does love me and I know he will let me return back home at some point.

However, I didn't understand one thing. In the letter it says that I 'haven't reached my full potential'. What is that supposed to mean??Potential as a student? Potential as a superhero? Why does Tony Stark have to be so damn complicated?!

I guess I'll just have to figure out what he meant next time we meet.

For now, I have to do my stupid online classes.

*In Spongebob Narrator Voice*

5 hours later

When I finally finished my classes and all the homework, I went and told Happy. Apparently Tony won't be back till around 9. That leaves me a LOT of time. What can I do though? I wanted to FaceTime with Peter, but I think that would just make us both even more unhappy. Speaking to him on the phone just isn't the same as talking to him in person.

So what can I do to make the time pass by faster? I could try making friendship bracelets or do some other crafts. I could build a huge pillow and blanket fort. I could make myself a bowl of popcorn and bring some other snacks. I could watch a movie on Netflix.

Or I could do all of these at once!

I changed into a cute comfy t-shirt and little pair of shorts. I slipped on a pair of fuzzy socks and put my hair up into a messy bun.

I took my lap top, friendship bracelet kit and all my different color threads out of my suitcase and placed them on the rug next to my bed.

I came out of my room and looked around the house until I found a closet full of fuzzy blankets and pillows. I picked out my favorites and placed them into a big pile. Hugging the soft fabric to my chest, I ran across the house back to my room, passing Happy on the way. He gave me a look of confusion as I skipped away giggling.

Creating the fort was the funnest part. I decided to make a time lapse video of it all. Since my bed already had a canopy type roofing over it, it was easy to add blankets to each side making a makeshift dome. I took a string of lights and hung them around the rim of the dome. I was super happy with the outcome of my fort in the amount of time it took to make.

Now it was time to get the snacks. I slid through the house with my socks like I was in a movie. "Y/n, why are you running all around the house like a weirdo?!" Happy yelled at me this time, convinced that I was growing mentally ill. "You want me to stay inside all day, so how else am I supposed to keep myself occupied?" I giggled out.

I rummaged through the kitchen cabinets for food. There was whole lot considering this was a house that Mr. Stark rarely stays in. I guess they filled the place up just for me.