Shared Tears

Narrator

Peter is sitting on the coach, head buried in a pillow. His eyes couldn't stop watering. All he could think about was her and how he would never see her again... She's only been gone for an hour.

"It's all my fault. It's all...my fault!" Peter repeated as he sobbed into the pillow. He rocked back and forth  tucked into a ball.

Peter whipped his head up at the sound of keys jingling outside, trying to unlock the door. All of the sudden May walked in. Her smiley expression quickly sank into a frown when she saw the state Peter was in.

"Peter? What happened?" May threw her bag on the counter and came to sit next to her nephew.

"I screwed up." Peter whispered to himself. His gaze was stuck upon the soaking wet pillow.

"What? Please speak up, Pete." May picked up Peter's chin to look him in the eye.

"She's gone." Peter said to May with a louder, shakier tone.

May didn't even need to ask who it was. She knew who the only girl that would have Peter Parker in tears was. Y/n L/n. Now the question is, how is Aunt May going to help Peter in this situation?

May rubbed Pete's back in circular motions, trying to comfort him. His expression resembled a sad puppy.

"Where did she go?" May asked.

"I told you that Tony Stark basically took her in as his daughter, right? Well, he wants to take her away from me." Peter sniffled, his eyes coated in red. His tone was full of sadness and a bit of anger.

"Why though?" May questioned further.

"...Because, he doesn't feel like she is safe enough here. With everything happening around us, he wants her under his protection." Peter explained to Aunt May. His voice cracked numerous times.

"Well, I could imagine a father wants her to keep her daughter safe at all costs." May explained.

"He's not her dad." Peter blankly announced. There was a long pause, the room was silent.

"She'll be back." May told Peter confidently.

"Why do you say that? Mr.Stark wont let her leave, not even for school." Peter wiped away his tears with his calloused hands.

"I know Y/n. She is a smart and feisty young lady. Big, bad Iron Man doesn't stand a chance." May winked at Peter.

"You really think so?" Peter looked up at May with a little hope.

"God Peter! You spend all day, everyday, hanging out with this girl and you still don't know one thing about her."

"What? No! I know Y/n better than anyone." Peter argued back to May.

"Ugh. Teenagers these days, so oblivious. God please help us all." May rolled her eyes as the sarcasm rolled off her tongue. Peter chuckled a little, lightening his mood.

"Don't worry about it. You two will find a way to be together." May smiled at Peter.

"I sure hope so." Peter replied.

Y/n POV

I slammed the door to the backseat of Happy's disguised car. I was so upset and so heartbroken. I definitely didn't want to deal with sarcastic Happy Hogan at the moment.

"Hey, be careful! You can't just slam the door like that. You're pretty strong and I don't want it to fly off this car." Happy said to me. I didn't respond, I just quietly cried into the sleeves of Pete's hoodie.