Interrogation is my middle name

Peter POV

Dangling by one arm on the edge of a building, I closely watched Y/n. It was the middle of the night, so I was protecting the city as your friendly neighborhood SpiderMan. While Y/n, disguised as Midnight Star, was searching for me.

Apparently when we were both in the elevator shaft I said her name instead of Midnight Star, so she's been onto me. The second night back from Washington, Y/n had stayed at her own apartment. Later that night, she found me in my suit and confronted me. I escaped the manipulative girl, leaving her without an answer and I've been avoiding her since. I don't know if it makes her feel bad or not, but I cannot let her know SpiderMan's identity...not yet.

Once again, after a long night of looking for me, Y/n went and sat on the top of a tall building. I quietly climbed up the side of it and listened to her soft voice.

"I don't understand. I thought he trusted me, I trusted him." Y/n whispered to herself. I peaked over the edge and looked at her. Tears rolled down her mask, which looks dangerous considering the fact that it is electrical. "Can't you just tell me his identity, Mr. Stark?"

Oh no! She isn't talking to herself, it's Mr. Stark! He's going to kill me if Y/n tells him about the incident. One clue leading to who SpiderMan's identity is can ruin everything.   Y/n is one of the most clever girls I've ever met. I doubt if she really wanted to find out my identity and I keep accidentally dropping evidence, she can easily crack the case.

"Well, it was worth a try." Y/n continued to speak to Mr. Stark. He obviously turned down her request in revealing my identity. "Okay. Thank you Mr.Stark, I can always talk to you." Y/n said with a smile. I'm always heartbroken to see her in tears, but I can't mess this up. She quietly got up from her spot on the edge of the building and flew home.

***

"May?" I received no answer, as I entered my home. I had just arrived back from school detention, which I walked out of only a few minutes in.  I originally had plans with Ned and Y/n, but we cancelled. That's fine though, because I have crime to fight.

"Awww, poor goodie two shoes got his first detention." Y/n had sang to me, when I first broke the news to her. Of course she's never gotten detention before.

Back in reality, I went to my room and pulled on my mask. "Hey Karen, what's up?" I spun around in my chair, my hoodie draped over my head.

"Hey Peter, how was your Spanish quiz?" Karen greeted me.

"Listen, I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm trying to figure out who the guys under the bridge were that night. I can kinda remember part of a license plate." I gave Karen the rundown.

" I can run facial recognitions of the footage of that encounter." A panel full of dates popped up on the screen.

"Footage?" I asked blankly.

" Yes Peter, I record everything you see." Karen answered back.

"Everything?" I asked in confusion.

"Everything."

"Like all the time?" I love asking questions.

"It's called the baby monitor protocol." Karen explained. I dropped the pen I was fiddling with in frustration.

WhY dOeS tOnY sTanK hAvE tO mAkE eVeRy PrOtOcOl BaBy ReLaTeD?!

"Yeah of course it is." I muttered, a little pissed. Wow, no surprise there.

"Ummm, yeah just roll it back to last Friday." I sighed.

"With pleasure." Karen said, before a screen popped up. It showed me through a mirror acting out different ways of how I could tell Y/n about my secret.