Study Buddies

A/n: S/c means skin color just so you don't get confused :) Remember to comment & vote!

Peter's POV

  Ned and I ran out of the room and rushed to the door as fast as we could, but to open stopped dead in our tracks at the sight of May already turning the door knob. She beat us to it. Ned and I both watched as the door opened wide, letting us glance at the messy haired girl standing before May.

  "Well hello there, you must be Y/n! I'm Peter's aunt, May." She grinned at Y/n through the doorway. Y/n's sweet smile returned as she spoke to her.

  "Thanks for letting me come over to study with Peter and Ned. It's a relief to get out of my crammed apartment for once and actually socialize with my friends." Y/n's kind smile grew as her eyes noticed Ned and I watching awkwardly from across the room.

  "Hey Y/n, glad that you could make it!" I spoke from across the living room of my apartment. May invited Y/n inside before glancing at the clock.

  "I'm going to get going guys. I'll be back with pizza around 9! Y/n you're welcome to grab anything in the kitchen to snack on if you get hungry. Have fun you guys! Oh but not too much fun, you gotta study hard and earn those good grades." May told us before swiftly grabbing her purse and walking out the door.

  The second the door was locked close, the three of us looked at each other with excitement. Y/n happily skipped over to the two of us and said hello. Ned greeted Y/n and complimented her clothes. I agreed with him as I skimmed her comfy but stylish outfit. She had on some pretty makeup that accentuated her eyes.

  "This is my room, please don't mind the mess." I motion for Y/n to walk inside the room with a welcoming smile. I quickly picked up some clothes off the floor and put it in my laundry bin.

  "Seems cozy." She said before sitting herself down on the ground next to my bed. I then noticed just how exhausted she was. Ned and I lowered down to her level as she started to take out her science textbooks.

  At first I thought it was smeared makeup, but I realized that Y/n's eyes had dark circles beneath them. I studied her face more closely and saw that the white part of her eyes had a light pink tint on them. She was hesitant with using her left arm, she winced whenever she lifted it. Her neck was bruised, it stuck out on her s/c like a sore thumb. I assumed that it came from the scuffle we had at the bank about an hour ago.

  "Earth to Parker?? What are you starting at me for?" Y/n waved her hand in front of my face and nervously brushed her hair to her side, covering the purplish black coloration.

"That bruise on your neck, Y/n. What happened? Were you hurt?" I questioned her, even though I knew damn well it was from the bad fall she took that knocked her out in the middle of the road. Ned glanced at the nasty mark from across the room. He was setting up something on the floor.

"Ah that looks like it hurt Y/n...wait...that isn't a hickey is it?" Ned asked Y/n, managing to make her laugh.

"I-uh fell down the stairs...at school, I'm very clumsy. Don't worry about it." She looked up and gave us a silly but sympathetic look, still attempting to hide her pain. I felt pretty bad that I couldn't protect her from this. I watched as Ned ran out of the room to go get something.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked Y/n once more as I got up and grabbed my backpack from off my desk.

"Yes, I am sure Parker. I just need to sleep it off. Let's focus on having a fun night okay?" She said softly.

"Okay yogurt girl." I called her the silly nickname I had made up a couple days ago. She looked at me with a shocked but joyful look and threw her pencil case at me. She laughed as I scrambled to dodge it.