Perfect Chemistry

Y/n POV

"Class today we will be mixing different liquid substances to form a chemical reaction from one state of matter to another." My science teacher explained to the class as she passed out all of our worksheets and needed supplies.

"You will all be paired with another student to assist one another during this experiment." All the students in the class began to yelled with joy. They were all making eye contact with their friends, signaling that they wanted to be their partner.

"Nuh uh uh. Quiet down. You will not be picking your own partners, I will be pairing you." Our teacher fired back, a bit amused as all the students groan with misery.

"Liz with Michelle, Abraham with Ned, Peter with Y/n..." she continued on with the list as I turned to face Peter.

"I guess we're lab partners now." Peter cheered with a shy smile.

"I guess that's the case. We're partners in crime!" I joked to him with a mischievous grin. I then look down at my hands and fiddled with all of my rings realizing how awkward that sounded.

"Yep we're partners in crime." He replied with a small chuckle. I lifted my head up to meet his gaze again, admiring his somewhat messy hair and beautiful milk chocolate brown eyes.

I wish I could tell him about my powers and reveal my identity as Midnight Star. However, we aren't that close and I don't think I could trust him with a secret so big as this as of right now...plus I'm afraid Mr. Stark will get mad.

Our teacher finishes pairing the rest of the students and tells us to move to a spare lab table. I get up with Peter and walk over to the table nearest to the back of the room. I read the instructions on our worksheets and neatly set up our materials. Peter was ready to begin and started to explain what he thinks we should do first, but I interrupted him as nicely as possible to get what I've been holding in finally off of my chest.

"Peter, I just wanted to say thank you for calming my ass down yesterday and going out of your way to help me. I know that I acted like a fucking baby, for crying about some bratty girls pouring milk over my head. Anyways, you helped me deal with my shit, and for that I thank you." I quickly blurted out. A smile slowly crept onto my face as I realized how amused Peter looked as he listened to me speak.

Peter began to laugh, making him lean back in his seat and hold his stomach. "What's so funny??" I asked him as I chuckled along with him. His laugh was so cute and incredibly contagious. After a little bit Peter managed to calm back down and bring himself to speak again.

"I'm sorry Y/n, it's just that I've never heard you speak like that before. You have bit of a potty mouth." He grinned and choked a little trying to hold back in another laugh.

"Oh...haha so sorry, I do kinda go off sometimes..." I awkwardly scratched the back of my head and laughed along.

"Oh and there is no need to thank me, it was my pleasure to help clean up your shit." He mocked me with a silly expression, bringing a humorous smile to my face. We both laughed a little bit more before we snapped back into reality.

"We should start the assignment." I spoke after finishing our little moment. Peter nodded in agreement and continued to explain his plan for the experiment.

Peter POV

"Ok so it says to mix 6 fluid ounces of the red liquid with 8 fluid ounces of the blue liquid." I told Y/n while she grabbed the proper ingredients to mix.

I measure out the blue liquid while Y/n did the red. Then we gently pour both substances into the glass jar. It begins to foam a little as it turns into a purple color. Next, I added only two drops of the yellow liquid.