Shockingly in Love

Y/n POV

"Is this seat taken?" Peter scratched his head waiting for my response. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, my cheeks heating up.

Peter wants to sit next to me instead of Ned?

I looked at Ned standing behind Peter, hoping for some advice from my wingman.

He furiously nodded his head up and down repeatedly, his eyes wide open.

"Y-You can sit here if you want to." I scooted towards the window, giving Peter space to sit.

I tried my best to stay calm, while the team practiced more questions for academic decathlon.

Liz asked question after question and I got all of them right! All this studying is paying off.

After we finished, Peter took a phone call. I took the chance to continue studying by myself, but I can't seem to stay focused.

The 8th president of the United States was...

Peter's brown hair is so cute and curly...

Wait, no! Focus Y/n, Decathlon is tomorrow, you can't let the team down!

The Big Bang theory...

Awww, Peter looks so adorable in the yellow team jacket!

STOP IT Y/N! PETER WILL NEVER LIKE YOU IF YOU SCREW UP TOMORROW!

I tried my best to keep my mind from wondering off, but there was no use.

I'M IN FUCKING LOVE! GOD WHY ARE YOU TORTURING ME!

Just practice, practice makes perfect.

Aw shit, gorgeous is coming back!

Peter POV

I had just finished talking with Mr. Stark. He was concerned on why I had left Queens. I just told him that I was going to academic decathlon with Y/n. Whenever I mention Y/n, he either calms down or stresses out. She's like a daughter to him and I must keep her safe at all costs.

I went back to my seat next to Y/n. She looked like she was trying to study test questions, but she kept slapping her face and pulling her hair in frustration.

"Sorry about that, are you alright?" I asked confusedly, after seeing her violently slap her cheek about 5 times now.

Y/n looked up from her book, just now realizing that I had sat back down.

"Uhhh...oh yeah I'm fine, there was a mosquito." Y/n gave me the fakest smile ever.

Why is she always acting so weird lately? Is something bugging her?

"What are you doing?" I asked her, trying to start a conversation.

"Studying." Y/n said without
looking up from her book.

"Why? You already practiced a lot with the team."

"I don't want to let the them down, Peter." Y/n looked into my eyes more relaxed.

"You don't need to study!" I assured her with a small chuckle.

"Peter, I-" Before she could finish I cut her off.

"Y/n, you're the smartest girl I've ever met. You don't need to worry about anything." I told her, as I held her hands in my own.

Y/n's cheeks turned a light shade of red. She tilted her head down, before whispering the words "Thank you, Peter."

Y/n slowly swept her hands out of my grasp. She then took off her jacket and plugged her headphones into her ears.

Y/n watched the buildings pass by through the window. Her eyes glittered with the reflection of the sun upon them. 

I decided to turn to Ned, who was sitting in the row across from us. I signaled to his watch, wanting to see if the bad guys had moved. He quickly flickered it on and off to show that they haven't left Maryland yet.

I sighed in relief.

Good. This plan might actually work.

Ned repeatedly motioned to something behind me. Y/n had her head leaning onto the row of seats in front of ours, her hair drooped down covering her face.

I gently tapped her shoulder. No response. I tried again. Nope.

I brushed her hair away from her shoulders to see that she was sound asleep.

I carefully picked her head up and leaned her back against our seats.

Instead of staying put, she decided to lean towards me. Y/n cuddled up against my shoulder, with her hands snuggled into her jacket on her lap. Her peaceful breathing left me in complete awe.

I quickly turned my head around to Ned, but not hard enough to wake Y/n.

I didn't know what to say, my brain went blank. My jaw was dropped open in shock.

Ned had the same expression upon his face, staring at Y/n in surprise. His face began to light up. He gave me two thumbs up, shaking them in happiness.

I looked down to Y/n. I really wanted to hug her back, but was afraid of waking her and ruining the moment.

I took her jacket off of her lap and used it as a blanket to keep her warm. She was freezing cold again. I then took her hands in mine.

The feeling I had was undeniably amazing. My mind bounced around thinking of all the things I love about the girl beside me.

I leaned my head against Y/n's and fell asleep with thoughts of joy and happiness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smiled so much making this chapter ;)

Sorry for the wait...

I've been so stressed out lately. I've been feeling a bit better though, so I found some time to update!