(Ouma X Saihara) Killed in Every Way (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Suddenly Makoto burst into the room, nervous. "Kokichi!? Kokichi what's wrong?!" He asked. Surprisingly Makoto was one of the most nervous people about the side effects of the procedure. He's been keeping a close eye on Kokichi despite Kyoko reassuring him everything was fine. But seeing what is happening now then maybe his concerns were logical.

"He's... he can't..." Kokichi breathed out heavily, his eyes closed refusing to look at Makoto. He was scared. Legitimately scared he was losing his mind. "Kokichi! Kokichi calm down! What do you mean?" Makoto asked. Ouma reluctantly opened his eyes. Makoto looked at him concerned. "Saihara-chan..." he whispered as he tried to listen in for his voice.

"What do you mean?" Makoto asked rather confused. "Makoto, that illusion I was telling you about was of Saihara and it still isn't going away. And... I don't think it's an illusion anymore." he said scared as he continued to listen for Shuichi's voice. "Are you sure...? Were you taking the meds prescribed to you?" he asked. "No, no Makoto you don't understand! I can hear it, I know his voice and I know it's not fake!" Kokichi said standing up looking at Makoto annoyed. "I'm sorry Ouma-kun...I didn't mean to scare you." Shuichi said quietly as Ouma-kun listened in. He was convinced that this was related to the Soul file and not to the fact he was going crazy. He started crying once again.

"This is serious Kokichi... I think we need to bring this up with the others..." Makoto said as he placed his hand on the grape haired boy's shoulder. Ouma looked over at Makoto. "I agree" he heard Saihara say in his head. He sighed.

"Yeah...let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You can talk to him?" Kaede said shocked. "Are we sure it isn't symptoms of schizophrenia?" Maki asked. "He wouldn't be lying about this, you saw in how much grief he was after he found out..." Kaede said. Ouma shook his head "I think it has something to do with the soul file. I think there's something allowing me to contact him." he spoke still anxious from hearing Saihara's voice.

"Well, we cannot exclude the possibility. We don't know what kind of side effects does a Soul File transplant actually have." Kyoko said, clearly lost in thought. "I don't buy it." Maki said bluntly with her cold stone expression. "I don't either. It's cruel to joke about my sidekick being alive because he died the minute he chose to save this parasite." Kaito said disappointed. Oh, yeah ever since the transplant both Maki and Kaito had held Ouma as the fault for their's friend's death. And Ouma never really responded to the insults because he was aware that it was a fact. Well until he started hearing these voices.

"Well, maybe there's some way to prove it..." Himiko said tiredly. Everyone stayed silent before Makoto broke the silence. "I know a way to prove it!" he said in the typical confident tone he used to use during class trials. "What?" Kaito asked surprised. "The footage of DanganronpaV3 has not yet been released right?" he explained before continuing "And there had to be moments Shuichi was around others with Kokichi being nowhere near him with another one. If that person can confirm facts about such an event then the rate increases!" he said. Everyone looked at each other. It was a good idea.

"I know! Kokichi!" Kaede yelled out looking at Kokichi "After getting out the classroom the first person I found was Shuichi, then we found someone else in the hallway! If Saihara can communicate with you, say who was it." she said. Ouma waited for the response from Shuichi and thankfully it came. "Tsumugi Shirogane. She was standing there and you thought she was a statue and made Shuichi poke her cheek so she'd say something. He was pretty annoyed with you for tricking him. You then got into a conversation about cosplay and you were... complimenting her...?" he explained in full detail. Everyone looked shocked

"That's...awfully detailed" Kirumi pointed out. Kaede nodded. "But nonetheless, it's what happened. Kokichi at that time was with Kiibo." she said surprised "...It would explain the eye color..." Himiko added, "So...he's basically using you as his vessel?" Maki asked "The Korekiyo situation?" she then added. "Yeah...seems like it." Kokichi said nervously as to how the others would react. He saw Kaede approach him and then do something he didn't expect.

She hugged him.

"Kaede...?" Ouma asked surprised. "Since he can sense what you feel, maybe he'll know I'm hugging him too..." She whispered. Ouma felt tears fall from his eyes before he heard sobs in his mind. "He's crying..." Kokichi whispered hugging Kaede tightly. If this made Shuichi happy then he'll do it. No amount of hugs and talks with Kaede will ever be enough for the fact he gave his life to save him. "He's happy to see you Kaede..." Kokichi said as the blonde continued to hug him. He didn't really want to mention that by hugging him, she's basically pressing his head against her boobs and Shuichi getting obviously embarrassed, it wasn't really what she would want to hear.

"SIDEKICKKKK!" Ouma felt surprised to find that Kaito had basically bearhugged him. He wanted to throw some sort of insult at the astronaut but he knew that Shuichi wouldn't like that, so he kept his mouth shut. "I knew my sidekick could conquer anything! Even death itself!" Kaito said happily. Ouma sighed as he reluctantly hugged back. Once they pulled back Ouma heard Shuichi speak again.

"I know that you will probably not like the idea, but can you ask Maki and Kaito to go to training? Like back in the game?" He asked. "You know it's my body right? I'm going to be the one doing the work." Ouma muttered. "I know but can you...? Please...?" He heard Shuichi say. Kokichi sighed. "Shuichi's spirit wants to go training with you and Maki." He said looking at Kaito.

"I don't know about this..." Maki said looking at Ouma skeptically but Kaito stopped her. "Ah, c'mon Maki roll! Do you really think Ouma would want to hang out with us unless it was something to do with Shuichi?" Kaito said. "Got a point there...Although I'm still not fond of the idea of hanging out with that rodent." she said pointing at Ouma. "Believe me, Maki, I don't like the idea of hanging out with you just as much as you do but Shuichi saved my life....and if it makes him happy I think it's the least I can do to repay him" Kokichi sighed. "You don't have to do these things Ouma...it's still your life." he heard Shuichi say. "Oh hush, we can balance it out" Ouma muttered in response. Maki eyed him up and down before looking away. "One wrong move and I leave." she said. Kaito grinned.

"What are we waiting for then?! Let's go!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3 months later...

Ouma stood out in the back of Future Foundation Headquarters holding a bottle of Panta, smiling. The view was gorgeous since the station was situated right next to the ocean. It was truly wonderful.

"Do you like it?" Kokichi asked awaiting the familiar sweet voice to respond. "Yeah...it's beautiful." He said with a sigh before adding "Also, this is the tenth Panta you had today you need to calm it down a bit with that habit." Shuichi said with concern. Ouma chuckled. "You can't keep me from my Panta~" Kokichi said. He heard Shuichi laugh. "Wasn't going to." he said happily. Ouma closed his eyes as he finished the rest of his Panta before opening them and setting the bottle on the ground. He then wrapped his arms around himself still smiling

"Ouma? What are you doing?" he heard Shuichi ask. "I know I can't hug you because, in a way, you're dead, but...since you can feel what I feel...maybe you can feel this..." he said softly. "Heh, you're really something." Shuichi said happily. "And you have a soothing voice...I'm so glad you're with me." Kokichi said with a grin. "Me too." Shuichi responded. The two of them were silent for a moment and listened to the sound of the waves until he heard the sound of the door opening behind him open.

"Kokichi, Shuichi, Kyoko's calling a meeting. We found a group of Danganronpa spies situated in a city a few kilometers away." It was Kaede standing there with her orange tie and sleeveless pink sweater. "What got you looking so happy?" Kaede asked with a smile. Ouma grinned

"I just feel lucky to be alive..."

(So yeah Kokichi is basically a fusion now. Maybe in a few years after the event in this oneshot someone else gets the title of Ultimate Inventor and invents a fake Soul File so that both of them can exist separately but for now they're like this)