Chapter 35

I didn’t sleep at all because I was too scared that he wouldn’t be there again when I woke up. There was loud banging coming from downstairs followed by a crush, and Cole was on his feet.

“Stay here” He demands.

“No Cole! Don’t leave me” I cried out, and quickly got out of the bed only to be stopped.

“Stay here baby, please” Cole tells me, and then leans over kisses me before walking out. I stood there debating what to do and of course I didn’t listen. I heard more crushing sounds, and when I made it down stairs my heart sank. There stood Medusa in a black cape, snakes hovering, and her pure white eyes glistering like nothing I seen before. Her hands were up and I saw Cole thrown back as Ben was limp on the ground near the table. I felt the anger build seeing her standing there and Cole being hurt, but she was quickly thrown back by Cole.

“GET OUT OF HERE ATHENA” Cole demanded loudly, which just made my blood boil more.

“NOOOOO” I scream loudly and I felt the energy explode from me. When I open my eyes everything was scattered all over the place and both Cole and Medusa were thrown back.

“Athena breath” I heard a male voice from behind me, but I didn’t bother looking.

“Athena remember to relax” The voice added.  Next thing I knew I felt my hands warm as I made my way towards Medusa.

“Athena please don’t” Cole pleads, but I knew what I needed to do. I raised my hands as the heat increased, and I didn’t need to look to know the light was building in them. Blocking out all the voices in the background, and began to chant.

Your heart became cold

From beauty that was withhold

Evil runs through your veins

Which has caused so many pains

No longer will I let you hurt another

It’s now time for you to rediscover

A life from beauty, evil and hate

And be granted to start a new slate

You will learn the real meaning of life

Now I must reverse