Chapter 18

(Athena)

Ben and I have been settled at Nigel’s house for the past few days now, and Ben is loving life. Today we decided to lay out next to the pool, because it was so beautiful out.

“Don’t forget we have to practice for the show that’s this week” Ben reminds me.

“Oh my god Ben! I totally forgot I will not be ready” I whined to him.

“Don’t be silly we have a few nights to practice” He states waving me off, and I just groan. We laid there the rest of the day enjoying the sun, and I ended up drifting off.

Screeching of tires and the Cab flips over the other car and instantly windows are shattered. Glass flaying as Ben and I cover our faces, and the Cab is upside down. I’m trying to keep my eyes open, but it’s too hard. Then I hear foots steps! Someone is here to help us, thank god!

“You will suffer slowly, just like I have suffered for hundreds of years”

My eyes few up and my heart was racing, and I was sweaty. I looked over at Ben who had head phones on and past out still. So I decide to take a quick swim to cool off for a bit, but I heard someone whistling. I turn to see Cole standing there grinning and he looked so good too.

“What are you doing here” I ask smiling making my way towards him.

“Why do I need a reason to see my girl” He says, and I just melted inside hearing him call me his girl.

“Your girl huh?” I say with a straight face raising an eyebrow at him.

“Yes my girl, and no one else’s” He says in that deep husky voice I love so much, and pulls me into him.

“I don’t remember agreeing to these terms, just a date!” I try to sound serious, and biting my check from keeping me from smiling.

“O really?” He states and next thing I know he’s picking me up bridle style. I know what he’s going to do, and I start to protest.

“Cole don’t you dare” I screeched. I look over and noticed I scared Ben, because he was on the ground with his sunglasses half off his face. I didn’t get a chance to laugh at him, because Cole had me in the water in seconds.

“You’re so dead” I warned him, and he just smiled and brought his lips to mine. I instantly forgot why I was mad at him and melted into his arms.

“You were saying” He chuckled and placed a kiss on the tip of my nose.

“Shut it” I say giggling as I smack his shoulder.

“Are we still on for tonight?” He asks.