Chapter 26

I sat there nervously as I waited for Cole to come back with some water.  I don’t know what to do about this or how I’m going to keep this from him. Maybe I could go away till the baby is born and will my powers over to that evil monster. But I know Cole and he would be furious if I kept this from him or maybe he would be glad I didn’t tell him. Ahh what’s wrong with me? Why can’t I think straight? Sitting there in my thoughts when someone cleared their throat scaring me shitless and making me yelp.

“Sorry I didn’t mean to scare you” Jase said apologetically.

“It’s okay, just caught me off guard” I tell him smiling.

“I just wanted to say happy birthday and give you this” He said handing me a little box.

“Awe, thank you Jase you didn’t have to get me anything” I stated.

“Ahh it’s nothing special, but I thought of you when I came across it” He said shyly. I opened the box to a beautiful charm bracelet.

“Wow Jase! It’s beautiful. I love it” I tell him honestly. The bracelet had a bow, arrow, Greece, Amphora Charm, Roman, harp, and the letter A. I walked over and asked him to put it on for me, than gave him a hug.

“Thank you again! I really do love it” I whisper as I hugged him, and he was holding me like it was going to be the last time. I felt bad because I really did like Jase when we were together, and he deserves to be happy.

“Would you like to grab something to eat this weekend and catch up” I asked while still in his hold.

“I would love that” He said in a low husky whisper.

“Jase” Cole snarled making Jase and I jump. When I look over at him he did not look happy one bit, but Jase was just being friendly.

“Yea, well I should get going Athena. Just call or text when you want to go” Jase states before walking off.

“Cole” He says walking by him. Cole walks over to me and handed me a glass of water, and I quickly take a big gulp before speaking.

“What did he want” Cole asked all grumpy. It was kind of adorable when Cole got all jealous.

“Just wishing me a happy birthday and giving me my birthday gift” I say shrugging my shoulders like it was no big deal.

“What gift” He asked annoyed, and I lifted my wrist to show him. Once Cole touched my hand it electrified me. I don’t know why but his presence tonight is making me feel sensual, maybe it’s my damn hormones. He scoffs at me and I smack him in the arm.

“Be nice” I tell him playfully. I went to turn to go take a seat but was quickly turned back around only to have Cole take ahold of my face, and crash his lips to mine. He kissed me with such passion making me weak in the knees, and feel weightless. Breaking the kiss making us both breathless he whispers “I love you and our unborn baby”.