Chapter 11

(ATHENA)

Two weeks passed since I’ve seen my brother and Cole. I didn’t speak to anyone the first week till finally my best friend Ben dragged me out for a spa day. My parents rented a house down the road from the dorms, and have yet to fill me in on our history. Its Friday and Bens been begging me to go out and have so fun, but I’m not really in the mood. I grab my bag and put my head phones in and listen to Imagine dragons: nothing left to say.  This song couldn’t be more perfect for how I’m feeling lately. I listen to the lyrics closely and repeat them over in my head not realizing I’m totally zoned out. Out of nowhere someone covered my eyes and next thing I know Jase is laying on the ground groaning.

“Holy shit girl, you straight up ninja kicked his ass” Ben tells me from behind laughing.

“Oh my god Jase, are you okay? You scared me I didn’t hear you, and I must of reacted without realizing” I kneel down next to him pleading to him, and not knowing what just happen.

“Remind me not to piss you off princess” Jase says laughing, and I smack his arm before helping him up.

“Who knew you were a secret assassin” He says pulling me into his arms smiling.

“Ha Ha” I muck and smile wrapping my arms around his neck pulling him to my lips. He pulls me closer to him to deepen the kiss.

“Excuse me love birds but we have class” Ben reminds us. I pull away from the kiss smiling at him, and reach for Ben’s hand.

“Fine let’s go drama queen” I say laughing, but I turn and blew Jase a kiss. He pretends to catch and place it over his heart, and smiles. Bens groans and pulls me along as I giggle at his reaction. We make it to class and take our seats, and Ben of course was babbling on and on like he does every morning.

“So are you in or what chicka” Ben asks nudging me.

“Huh? Yea sure” I say staring at the sub teacher, and not knowing what I’m agreeing to. The sub was this man who didn’t seem like the teacher type, but I can’t put my finger on it. The rest of the day I couldn’t stop thinking about the teacher for some reason, and it was driving me crazy. Around 8 pm Ben came over to dress me up to his approval so we could go out and have some fun.

“So when are we going to start practicing for the talent show” Ben asks as he goes through my closet.

“What are you talking about Ben?’ I asked very confused.

“Girl I knew you weren’t listening to me in class this morning” He utters tossing clothes on to my bed. I wasn’t going to try to get out of it, because it was a losing battle with Ben.

“Okay I’m in” I tell him walking over to my bed to see what he picked out for me

“Good, now get dress we leave in fifteen” He says waving his hand in the air as he walks out of my room. I pick up the little black dress and looked around to see if he had anything else with it, and of course he didn’t. I put it on and it was a little short but I decided to go with it, and went to go do my hair. I decided to go with wavy hair and simple make up and a long necklaces. I threw on my jean jacket and a pair of flats and went out to the living room where Ben was.

“Girl Jase will be all over you tonight” He says in a high pitched voice as he snaps his fingers, and popping out his hip. I roll my eyes at him and head out the door, and he follows behind me. There was some frat party tonight where they were having car races or something. We didn’t pull up to a frat house but some huge house that was twenty minutes from the college and there was hundreds of people.