Chapter 29

(ATHENA)

It’s been a few weeks since we told my family about the babies, and my bothers apologized to both of us. They are actually starting to get excited about being uncles and how they are going to spoil them. I was glade things were looking up for everyone.

“What’s wrong beautiful?” Cole asks.

“Ben hasn’t talked to me all week. I’ve called and texted him, and in class he said just been busy” I tell him sadly. I don’t know what’s wrong with Ben, maybe he’s mad about something.

“I’m sure he’s telling you the truth. Don’t worry I’m sure he’ll be around annoying all of us soon” Cole jokes making me smile.

“Now go get that cute pregnant ass dressed, because I have a surprise for you” He orders playful.  I look up at him with a big smile, and he helps me off the couch.

Sitting in the car I was getting excited trying to figure out what he could possible surprise me with now.  We pulled up to this beautiful building that was a Greek restaurant called ‘Zahara’s’. I waited for Cole to help me out of his beast of a truck that he insisted we take today instead of my car. When I was finally out of the beast I intertwine my fingers with his, and he took the lead. It was beautiful inside as well, with rock covered walls, white table clothes that had candles as the center piece. We were greeted by an older women who Cole seemed to know, and she walked us to a private area. When I enter the room-

“SURPRISE” everyone yells in sync.

“Surprise” Cole whispers in my ear and places a kiss on my temple. First to walk up to me was Ben, who gave me a big hug.

“Is this why you’ve been ignoring me?” I ask looking up at him smiling happily.

“Of course, who else would do a fabulous job?” Ben states laughing. I just rolled my eyes and gave him a kiss on the cheek, and thanked him. I saw that my parents were here too, so I went to catch up with them before saying hi to everyone.

After seeing everyone and opening all my baby shower gifts Cole took me to the back of the room to show me the painting on the wall.

“Do you recognize this place?” Cole asks, and I stared at it for a minute.

“The temple of Parthenon in Greece. It was dedicated to the goddess Athena, whom the people considered their patron. I would love to go visit someday” I answered.

“I’ll take you someday love” He whispers in my ear, and kisses my neck making me giggle.

“You ready? There is one more surprise I have for you”

“Oh my gosh! Cole you guys did so much already” I tell him. He just smiled and dragged me to the truck where everyone was loading the gifts. When they were done we said our good byes and off to this other surprise.