Chapter 4

I step outside where the students are scattered everywhere, but doesn't seem there's a lot of students like I thought there be. Then again school don't start for a week so I'm sure there's a lot of last minute people. It’s sunny out and you can see the leaves on the trees starting to turn color, indicating fall is approaching. I step off the last of the stairs placing my ear buds in and next thing I know I'm on the ground. Today is so not my day! I hear commotion, when I go to sit up there's a shooting pain through the back of my head making me lay back down.

"What the hell man, it was an accident" I her male voice protest.

"Open your damn eyes and watch where the hell you’re going" The other voice is little deeper, and I can hear the anger in his tone. "Just get the hell away, I'll handle it from here" he adds, and I swear that voice is so familiar. Soon there's what seems like an enormous body from where I' am, and he kneels and gently moves the hair out of my face.

"ATHENA?" the male voice asks sounded not sure. I to put my hands in front of my eyes so I could see better, and it’s my brothers best friend Cole, what the hell?

"Cole? What are you doing here?" I still couldn't move, man that kid must have really ran into me good.

"Nice to see you too brat" he comments in a sarcastic tone. "I go to school here? Why are you here?" he smiles at me, and his smile is beautiful. Then again, Cole has always been a very attractive person. Ever since I can remember girls have congregated to him everywhere he goes. They do it to my brothers as well, it’s very annoying.

"You know, checking out the sidewalks making sure they’re safe" I say sarcastically, and he chuckles at my statement.

"Is that so? Well then, how are they?" He asks still smiling at me and I can't help but stare at him. He has a well sculpted jaw and cheek bones, perfect straight pointed nose followed by full luscious lips. I look into his eyes next, they are almond-shaped and I swear they are glowing a beautiful emerald color. The weirdest thing happen after that, I had a flash back to my dream.

I'm walking up to the man who looks to be wearing armor of some sort, but it’s covered in blood. I kneel down to get a closer look at the man’s face. I lean in to reach for his hood that's covering his identity, and I start to see some of his face. As I start to get a better view of him. I hear my name being yelled from a far, making everything go cloudy.

"Athena can you hear me?" Cole shouts as he breaks my trance. I see distress in his expression. I go to speak when a high pitched voice interrupts from behind Cole.

"Cole are you done here so we can go?" whoever it is sounds a little bitchy.

Cole lets out a breath and now seems annoyed "Heather just go ahead, I’ll catch up with you later" Cole tells her not taking his eyes off me. Weird, I'm not dying I just got knocked over making me whack my head hard on the cement.

"I'm fine Cole, you can go ahead" I start to get up slowly and he helps me.