Chapter 18 - Best friend

"TOUYA!!!" Hawks yelled as he flew down to aid his friend. "Touya! Wake up man! Talk to me dammit!!!" He begged, trying to stop the bleeding.

Shoto was frozen in place, he slowly turned to face his father.

"Hey...Hawks, you were part of this?" Enji asked, shocked and nervous. "Shut up!!! I teamed up with Touya because of what you did to him and the rest of your family! You beat them! You abused him, his mother and Shoto! Not to mention that you knocked the policemen and the other heroes unconscious! Is that even what heroes do?! I don't fucking think so, so don't think you'll get off the hook here! You'll pay Endeavor! You can't run anymore!" Hawks yelled as sirens were heard and as many policemen stepped out of their vehicles, pointing guns at Endeavor "You're under arrest Endeavor! Put your hands up where we can see them!"

Enji clenched his fist and gritted his teeth in anger but did as told. The last thing he wanted was for his reputation to get ruined even more.

Shigaraki and the rest of the league approached Touya and Hawks, "Dabi..." Twice and Toga were on the verge of tears. "W-Where's...Shoto?" Touya chocked out.

"I'm right here" Shoto replied, kneeling beside his long lost brother. "I'm sorry...for leaving you that day..." He apologized, tears threatening to fall. "It's not your fault, Touya...I'm sorry for being such a burden to you back then..." Shoto replied, a few tears sliding down his face.

"The bleeding won't stop" Hawks muttered to himself, more tears slid down.

Touya...come on...You can live! You won't die! I won't let that happen! I'll save you...just like you did...back then.

—6 years earlier—

"Hey brat, what's your ass doing here? This isn't a place for children."

Takami lifted his head up slightly, eyes darting towards the man in front of him "Well? What are you doing here?" He asked again, "I-I, It's non of your business! Get out and leave me alone!" Takami yelled, earning a slap across the face "Wh-?!" Takami was about to speak again but the strange man grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, whispering "You be a good lil boy...and we won't hurt ya."

We? Takami wondered.

Three other guys appeared out of nowhere, "I call dibs!" One of them yelled "Shut up! You had the last one! I found him so he's mine!" The strange man holding him yelled back. Takami was about to question them but stopped when he felt a cold hand run down his pants "What are you doing?!" He cried, struggling to get out of the man's grasp.

"Shut up!" The man shouted at the teen, hand covering his mouth, muffling the cries for help so they wouldn't attract attention.

"I wouldn't be doing that if I were you"

The four guys stopped "Another kid?!" One of them exclaimed as he eyed a scarred kid, looking to be in his teen's "He's mine! I call him!" The other yelled, running towards the teen but burning into crisps a second later "Tch, pathetic" The teen scoffed before walking towards the rest of the group.

"You'll pay for that!" Two others ran with knifes in hand, aiming to kill him the teen "Weak." He told before burning them as well.

The strange man let go of Takami and chose to run, only to get chased and killed by the teen.

"What's your name?" He asked, facing towards Takami. The teen was grateful for the rescue but a bit shocked at how the scarred teen handled them, killed them. "Takami" he replied, earning a hum of acknowledgement from the teen.

"Names Dabi" Dabi said, walking towards Takami before handing him a knife "If anyone tries to hurt you, don't hesitate. Kill them."

"Kill them?" Takami questioned, "People like them don't deserve to live...they have no meaning." Dabi replied, shoving his hand in his pockets. "What about you? What's your purpose or meaning in life?" He asked, earning a frown from Takami.

"I-I...I don't even know anymore." He replied, "I see...what about considering joining me?" Dabi suggested. "Join you?!" Takami exclaimed, knowing that if he joins, he'll have to kill people.

"Yeah, we can save others."

...

At that moment, I was confused on why Touya chose to become villain. He's always had a heart of a hero, saving others who can't fight back. Even killing them, just for their sakes. Back then, It didn't come to my mind that heroes don't kill, they just sent villains to jail, that's why I asked "Why don't you become a hero?"

I saw Touya as a hero. My hero. So why did he chose to become villain?

"There are false heroes, fakes. People who only do good when the cameras are rolling."

Even if he were a villain, I saw him as a true hero. He'd always put others first. Never thinking twice about anything and always had a clear goal in mind. So, when he told me about his past and what his purpose in life was, we became friends. Best friends. We stuck together ever since.

When I was a little kid, my father died from illness and my mother committed suicide a week after. Leaving me all alone.

I was shocked so I ran away from home, that's how I ended up in the alley...with those guys.

That's when I met Touya.

I told Touya about my past and he's made a promise to me. a promise that he swore to keep.

"I'll never leave your side, buddy."

He saved me, and I will forever be grateful for that. He even promised to protect and stay by my side.

He was my first real friend.

"Takami," With the call of his name, Takami lifted his head up slightly "Yeah?" He asked, wiping away the tears from his eyes. "Remember the promise...I made you long ago?"

"Of course! Of course I do!" Takami replied, trying his hardest not to cry. "I'm sorry...but I won't be able to keep that promise anymore."

"Touya...please! You can't leave Shoto all alone, he needs you!" Takami exclaimed, eyeing Shoto who was wiping away tears.

"That's where you're wrong...he's not alone...because he has you."

"You in, Hawks?" He asked "Oh I'm in alright! He's my baby brother too!"

"Oh shut up, no he's not!"

"Your brothers and sisters are my brothers and sisters!"

Touya let himself smile as he remembered Takami's stupid belief.

"Takami, you idiot. Protect Shoto for me...I'm counting on you...buddy."

To be continued...

God this was pretty hard to write, what have I've done!!! Anyways, I'm glad you guys enjoyed the chapter and I would like to thank you guys so much for reading and actually enjoying my story! It means so much to me and makes me really fucking happy to read all your positive comments! Oh and since we're about to finish the story, I'll be updating when I finish the chapter. I usually just wait until Sunday but since it's the end, I'll make an exception!

I'll see you guys next chapter, but for now!

Peace out! ✌🏻