Chapter 30 - Something's Off

—Some Time Ago
Location: Unknown Storage Warehouse—

"I'm telling you. We left it here, right Spinner-Kun?Well actually more over there." Jin Bubaigawara, or as others may know the guy by his villain name, Twice, rummaged through every container to find their missing cargo, or at least attempted to. The masked villain returned empty-handed and with a bead of sweat showing through his mask.

The villain may not be in the right mind as of the moment, but there's no way he could've misplaced such valuable weapons. His partners in crime, Spinner and Kurogiri, were kind enough to assist with the storing. He made sure to get the job done well, and those two were living proof of his efforts.

"So you're telling me our containers somehow grew a pair of legs and walked away? How frightening—" The magician criminal retorted sarcastically as he fidgeted around with his blue marbles.

"It ain't no time to be joking, pal. Though that could be a possibility!"

"Hey, Shigaraki..." The lizard called for the leader gazing above at the starry night sky. "It's possible the black market got ahold of our cargo. That or just some petty thieves—maybe even the allies we made along the way." Spinner shared his thoughts, knowing well Twice could not have misplaced the weapons. A pair of legs growing on their containers wasn't a probability either. Perhaps a quirk helped whatever group or individual loot their essential weapons, though they can't be too sure when they have little to no leads.

"Consider all those possibilities." The leader of the group spoke with ease, unbothered by their theft situation. "Kurogiri. Have a chat with Dr. Ujiko back in Jakku. Ask that smelly old geezer if it's possible to recreate our weapons from the original samples. Report back to me when you have an answer."

"Very well, Shigaraki Tomura. I will return shortly." The mist villain lowered his head slightly, excusing himself from the rest before taking his leave and warping to the city of Jakku.

"Should we perhaps hold an investigation with Re-Destro?" Mr. Compress suggests, approaching the white-haired leader with a smile.

"And torture the culprits?!" The blood-sucking psychopath added with a wide grin, sounding excited as ever to inflict pain on others.

"Weirdo..." Spinner stated, being playfully whacked on the shoulder by an angry Toga.

Shigaraki didn't reply and the silence dragged on for a while, that is until... "We were supposed to make our big debut as the Paranormal Liberation Front a while ago..." the man brought up. "—but things... just kept hindering our progress."

"Has luck ever been on our side?" The heteromorph agreed. "That reminds me—Isn't it that time of the year again?"

"We should go pay a visit to him, shouldn't we? It's been quite a while." Mr. Compress added, earning hums of agreement from his comrades.

The white-haired leader nodded slowly. "In a few days... We can visit after getting stuff outta the way... so stay focused for now."

—Present Time
Location: Musutafu Hospital—

Shoto speed-walked down the hospital's long and silent hallways, dismissing the slight ache gradually building from his recent injuries as he manages to escape the building without bumping into familiar faces.

The storage chip remained hidden in his jean's pocket and was securely sealed in a thick plastic ziplock bag. Restoring the data to uncover whatever secrets the chip contained was the only goal in mind. A well-balanced meal and a good nights rest can come after they confirm a second party was indeed involved. He won't be able to return to his daily routine or unwind otherwise.