Chapter 6 - Suspisions

Midoriya woke up and got ready for the day, the teen took a shower and changed into clean clothes. He made his bed and cleaned his room a bit before hearing his stomach grumble. 'I should probably go eat' the teen thought to himself. Putting on a hoodie he locked his door and made his way downstairs bumping into Bakugo along the way "Hey Deku!" The teen called out "O-Oh hey Kacchan! W-What's up?" Midoriya asked stuttering between his words.

The explosive boy has always payed close attention to things, he's always hearing other people's conversations. Of course the teen didn't care less about the conversations he would hear, some were just straight up boring while others however were concerning "Hey Midoriya...have you seen Todoroki at all today?" "No...I have seen him for while" He's been paying attention to the half cold half hot teen for a while now. Bakugo's been noticing stuff about the teen 'I need answers now' He thought before walking closer to Midoriya.

"What's going on with that half n' half bastard?" Bakugo asked. Midoriya wore a confused expression on his face, he didn't expect the teen to be able to talk so calmly or even worry about others. "I don't really know Kacchan..." Midoriya frowned. He was worried for the teen, the last day before winter break started "Don't go telling others" Midoriya still questioned why Shoto didn't want others to know. "What do you mean you don't really know?!" Bakugo raised his voice a bit "That half n' half bastard hasn't showed up in the common room once, there has to be something going on!" Midoriya flinched when Bakugo started yelling, he honestly didn't expect his childhood friend to even bother caring for others. Todoroki none the less. "Like I said, I don't really know but..." Forgive me...Todoroki-Kun "...The last day before vacation, He was bleeding from his shoulder" Bakugo stayed silent. Bleeding? What the fu- "It was during lunch when I followed him to the bathroom...he told me not to tell anyone" Not to tell anyone? "I think there's something going on...something bad, maybe that's why Todoroki-Kun is barely here, maybe that's why he hasn't been talking to us much" Midoriya looked down trying to hide tears threatening to fall but the image of Endeavor popped into his head.

"You guys talking about Todoroki?" Kirishima who appeared to be hiding in the corner walked towards them "Kirishima-Kun?! What are you doing here?!" Midoriya asked "Overheard your conversation while making my way over here, you guys mentioned Todoroki so I thought I'd listen in" He replied.

"And why would you listen in to something that isn't your fUcKiNg bUiSnEsS" Bakugo asked "I've been worried for him" Kirishima replied looking away "He's been acting strange and it got me thinking...if he's doing alright" Midoriya didn't want to break Todoroki's trust but he also wanted to know. He wanted to know if his friend was alright "Kirishima-Kun, promise you won't tell anyone what about I'm about to tell you" The red haired teen looked at the other before replying "I promise, I won't tell a living soul about today" Midoriya hummed meanwhile Bakugo clicked his tongue in annoyance "Tell us already Deku!" He yelled.

earlier that day—

Shoto opened his eyes and looked around his room to make sure he was actually in his room and no where else. He felt nauseous and realized he hadn't eaten anything since yesterday, the teen slowly sat up ignoring his injures from yesterday and unlocked his phone to find a message from Fuyumi?

'Shoto, I'm sorry about yesterday and I hope you're feeling better. Me and Nastuo are worried and I want you to tell us that you're okay'

The teen felt his eyes water a bit while typing back 'I'm okay' He wasn't really 'okay' someone who attempted to hurt themselves isn't automatically 'okay'. He's never 'okay' in general. Shoto cared for his siblings deeply but he just didn't want them to worry, he didn't want them to get involved to only get hurt. That's why he goes back everyday to make sure his father 'trains' him and him only. The so called 'pro hero' would get home angry or drunk one day and beat anyone he sees so it's up to Shoto to step in and protect them. His siblings would always tell him to stay at the dormitory's, they would always plead him too but that never stoped the teen.

If he decides to run away from his problems and not show up, they'll be the targets and he'll be known as a selfish coward.

back to present—

"I don't know why, but I get the feeling Endeavor's part of this"

"And why would Endeavor be apart of this?!" Bakugo asked annoyed "He's right Midoriya, why do you think he's apart of anything?" Kirishima agreed. The scene where he and Todoroki where talking to each other at the sports festival replayed in Midoriya's head. He remembered everything.

"Listen, both of you. The day before we started break, I followed Todoroki-Kun to the bathroom" Midoriya continued to tell his story, he had to explain Todoroki's past in order for them to understand. The two boys widened their eyes in disbelief and in shock. Kirishima scolded himself for not knowing sooner, although he couldn't do anything at that time. Bakugo seemed calm on the outside but there was a fire burning inside of him. That fire was full of rage, at himself and at the current number one hero. He's known the peppermints boy's past for a long time now but even so, hearing it again made him boil with rage.

"So your saying...Endeavor is...hurting Todoroki?" Kirishima asked hoping for a 'no' response. He didn't want to believe that the number one hero was hurting his own son. Midoriya frowned while nodding "I may just be running to conclusions but maybe we can find out for ourselves" Bakugo's eyes darted towards the teen "And how we going to do that?" He asked.

"It's all gonna depend on Todoroki-Kun"

To be continued...

Sorry for lack of updates...School started so I gotta start focusing on my studies but I have some free time tomorrow so I'm hoping I can work on the next chapter!

Peace out! ✌🏻