Chapter 35 - Keigo Takami

Young Keigo and Touya laid on a platform at the far corner of the rooftop. Their gaze rested on the constellations and shooting stars passing by with tired eyes struggling to keep open.

"Did you know I only have one weakness?" The blond questions out of the blue, earning a scoff from the other teen who dozed off for a second.

"Pft. Only 1? Humble yourself, bird-brain." He mumbles, adjusting into a more comfortable position to face his friend.

"Well... In my defense, I can easily overcome the others on that list."

"Is that so? Well then, tell me."

...

"Fire."

The white-haired teenager giggled at that, "Yeah... I kinda figured that one out already."

Keigo nods and caresses his wings, burying his nose deeper into his jacket. "I've always been spooked out when it comes to fire. What if I'm in the air and my wings suddenly catch ablaze, what then? I just plunge to my death?"

"Don't fly too high then, Icarus. You scared of my flames?"

"Now that I think about it... you can quite literally kill me at a—Ow." The boy whines to himself as he was interrupted by a soft nudge to the shoulder.

"Jeez—Who do you take me for? Why would I kill a friend?" Touya replies with a pout, offended.

"Backstabbing friends." Keigo shrugs in response, raising both arms and backing off when it looked like Touya would strike him for real this time.

"Those aren't friends. Besides, even if fire is your major weakness, just overcome it like you do with the rest on that list."

The boy crossed his arms and huffed. "oH wOw, ReAlLy??? I never thought of that—"

"I'm being serious." He interjects, raising an arm and frowning deeply at the sight of his damaged skin. "Fire too is my greatest enemy... I can't do anything about it, but... you can."

Keigo furrows his brows, unconvinced. "I dunno..."

"Whenever you find yourself in a deep trouble, you gotta stay calm no matter what. With a cool head, you'd be surprised as to how easy it would be to think from new angles. Sure, fire can be scary as hell. However... you're fast. Way too fast for the naked eye to see. Before the enemy could use it, you oughta strike 'em first."

"Ah... I see!" The teen exclaims with a fist hitting his palm, a sign of understanding. "If you ever go rouge and try to kill me, I will be sure to take on that advice."

"Keep talking like that and we'll soon find out how effective it really is."

"Yup! Wait..."

.
.
.

—Present Time—

The winged hero stands as still as a statue. Body rooted to the spot. Frame tensed. Eyes and mouth open wide. I can't win. He comes to realize, letting his blades dangle by his side as sweat grazed his forehead and the back of his nape. Not against you, Endevaor... His eyes openly stare at the tall and sturdily-built figure marching through their spiraling and scorching flames, finding himself taking a few steps back when meeting those sharp and piercing turquoise eyes of theirs.

I have to make a break for it, but... if Endeavor's after me, he's likely to follow—No. I'm certain he will. He's being protected by the HPSC... Shoto is probably still in the city... I can't contact Aizawa nor anyone else. It was a hopeless situation, and the winged hero begins to understand this when he shuts his eyes momentarily and swallows hard. He gazes up at the stars, sighing softly before letting his blades slip past his fingers and land with a thud against the ground.