Chapter 4 - When will it end?

—The Next Day—

"Is that all you've got, Shoto?" Endeavor's flames heated up the room, making a bit too difficult to breath. Endure. His brain reminded as he forced himself to stand.

I have to en—The younger's thoughts were cut off when he was met with a kick to the gut, followed by another at the same spot. "Too slow. You have to react quicker!" Endeavor told, "When you fight with villains, your life is always at stake. You'd be dead right now, stop being so weak and pathetic!"

Endeavor targeted Shoto's stomach again.

He's right... I can't keep going like this. Instead of dodging the incoming fist, Shoto managed to block and hold his own for a few seconds. "Impressive, I admit. But—" Endeavor got ahold of Shoto's hands and lifted the younger before slamming him to the ground.

"It's not good enough. You're as slow and weak as ever. Disappointment." The 'pro hero' watched as Shoto struggled to stand. "Nothing but a disgrace. Worthless! You'd be better off dead at this point!"

Endeavor targeted Shoto's stomach area again, and didn't hesitate to kick him twice.

Maybe I'd be better off dead. Why was I born...?

Endeavor grabbed Shoto by the collar of his shirt "Weak." He uttered, throwing him across the dojo.

Why can't I just die...?

The man he called 'father' ignited his fist in orange flames as he walked towards the teen. "Aren't—You are going too far. This is overkill. What the hell did I even do?" Shoto questioned. Looking up at his old man, his eyes began welling up in tears.

"Don't cry, Shoto. It's a sign of weakness." Shoto was met with a flaming fist to the gut once again.

He held his stomach tightly as he threw up on the ground. "You will understand it soon. All this is for your own good, Shoto. Don't be a disappointment next time, it won't end well." Endeavor warned as he stormed out of the training room.

I am pathetic. I am worthless. I am a disgrace. Why do I even bother living at this point...? He made an effort to stand, but he came plumping right back to the ground.

I'm tired.

—Location: U.A Dormitory's—

"Yo, Kirishima!" Kaminari waved, walking towards his friend. "Hey. What's up, bro?" Kirishima asked, smiling as he waved back.

"What are your plans?" Kaminari asked. The red-haired teen looked away and frowned slightly. He was looking forward to seeing his family again but due to all the errands they had to run, he wasn't able to.

"My parents aren't home unfortunately. I'm just gonna stay here. What about you?" He returned,
sounding a bit upset. "Sorry to hear that. if you want, I can stay here to keep ya company! I was gonna go stay at my old place but In all honesty, the class 1-A dormitory's..." Kaminari trailed off from his sentence, taking a few seconds to think before continuing. "I like it here, a lot."

"I like it here too, a lot." Kirishima looked over to Bakugo and the rest of the class who were making cookies—or at least trying to.

He watched as the blond mixed the dough very aggressively, and how Iida was trying to prevent any chaos from happening. The red-haired teen then noticed something, feeling as if there was someone missing.

"Where's Todoroki?"

9 Years Ago—

"Is that him?"