Chapter 21 - No. 1 Hero: Hawks

—The Next Day
January 3rd—

Flickering his eyes open, the teen found himself standing in the middle of a wrecked city, noting how familiar his surroundings were as he took a look around. This is from that day. His thoughts trailed off as soon as his mind sensed a looming presence behind him. Loud and heavy footsteps echoed as the figure gradually approached him.

"Who's there—?!" Sensing danger, the teen braced himself for battle. Blinking once, Shoto widened both eyes in shock when the silhouette vanished, Where did he go—? The duel quirk user searched everywhere, trying to sight the lurking threat.

"Why... Why couldn't it be you?" A familiar voice whispered next to his ear, startling the younger into releasing his FlashFire Fist. "Holy shit, why didn't you die... Why are you still alive?" As the smoke cleared away, a young-looking man with patches of purple skin walked towards the duel quirk user.

A sharp gasp escaped his lips as his knees failed to support his weight, making him collapse. His body shut down. He opened his mouth and tried to talk, but no words were able to form. The younger just kneeled there with wide eyes, chin trembling and heart aching. Touya-Nii... Before he knew it, cold tears escaped his heterochromic eyes.

"The hell you crying for, brat?!" The scarred man with furrowed eyebrows scoffed, smirking when glimpsing at the boy's gloomy reaction. "What is with that face, Sho? Aren't ya happy to see me?! Your big brother, the one you killed!"

He froze and looked up to face his elder brother, horror filling his eyes when spotting a hole in his chest. "You're the reason why I fucking died, kid. You are just like that old geezer... Nothing but a fucking monster. People like you, deserve to die."

His body quivered, hardly even breathing. He felt as if his heart had been ripped out of his chest.

"People all around ya are dropping like flies. Want to know why?" Touya chuckled, "Cause you, Shoto, are weak." Those words stung like never before.

"Why keep on living? You killed me and everyone here!" Appearing from the shadows were victims from the recent serial killings.

"No... No... You're wrong." He muttered under his breath, balling his fists tightly. Touya's pale body proceeded towards him as he ignited his left arm with bright blue flames. "You're no hero, Shoto." The villain uttered. Dashing towards the younger, Touya wrapped his ignited hands around his neck, squeezing with all his might.

"Die, Todoroki Shoto!" He shouted, laughing with absolute joy.

What is this?!

This can't be real!

Touya would never say or do such things!

"Let's tango, you and me, Todoroki Shoto! A dance with your dear old brother, right here in hell!!"

—5:34 am
Location: U.A Dormitory's—

Shoto jolted awake, a gasp escaping his throat as both hands flew to clutch at his neck. He panted heavily as cold sweat seeped from the side of his forehead, body quivering as he lifted his head up and processed the setting.

The boy's gaze fell to the tatami mats that laid across the floor, moving onto the table that sat across in the corner of his room, to the framed pictures of his family and friends hung above it, and then to the window located to his right.