Chapter 29 - Obstacles After Obstacles

—Location: Musutafu General Hospital—

*Smooch sound effect.*

"There. That should speed up the healing process." The elderly woman planted a kiss on the explosive blond's cheek, irritating the hell out of him. "Don't overdo it, or you will suffer the consequences. It's not so pleasant having all your energy depleted... trust me." Recovery Girl advised, handing the boy some gummy's.

"Back off... old hag." The husky voice echoed across the room, having no effect on the woman while she walked across to treat another reckless student.

"Freakin' gross..." The spiky-haired blond roughly wiped at his check, shifting his gaze over to his childhood friend who rested on the bed in front of his. "Why do I have to share a room with you, damn nerd?! I want my damn privacy!" He chucks a pillow hard enough for the freckled teen to be knocked back, immediately regretting the action when pain struck the arm he used for throwing.

"Kacchan! What was that for?!" Midoriya squeaked back in disbelief, rubbing at his nose.

"Shut up—Ow!"

"What did I tell you...?" Recovery Girl remarked, sounding disappointed as a small bead of sweat made its way down her forehead.

"Ow-Ow-Ow... goddamnit, it hurts." Bakugo whines to himself as he rubs at his arm.

"Oi. Pipe it down, will you?" The door slides open and in walks their homeroom teacher. "Instead of swearing under your breath, why don't you thank Midoriya for preventing a head injury." The stealth hero recommended, facing the pouting blond.

"I repaid the favor by taking down a shit ton of villains, ain't that enough?" Bakugo's booming voice came a little lower this time and was actually conversational.

"Don't turn it into a competition." Tokoyami, who sat next to Midoriya's bed, opposed. "Even if you do, you wouldn't be earning 1st place, my friend."

"Friend?" He questions softly before raising the volume. "What was that, bird for brains?!" The offended trainee lit a few sparks along his palm trying to intimidate the other. "You think you squashed the most bugs?! Yeah, my ass!"

"Kacchan!" The freckled teen hissed in warning, worried they would be disturbing other patients with the continuous shouting.

"Not me. Todoroki." Tokoyami revealed. "We all saw what he did, didn't we? And to top it off, he fought while quirkless."

"Yeah, yeah. The bastard got lucky, so what? I'm still above the peppermint freak." The arrogant blonde countered, a hint of jealousy presented through his tone, though only Aizawa caught on.

"Now that we're on the topic..." Midoriya turned to face their homeroom teacher. "How's Todoroki-Kun doing? Did he regain consciousness?"

Aizawa sighed heavily. "Todoroki didn't suffer major injuries, but he did drain most of his stamina."