Chapter 1 - I'm not okay

The room was cold, really cold. The younger made an effort to get off the ground, but his attempts ended in failure as he found himself plunging back to the cold ground. The impact was a bit rough on his already throbbing headache, causing his vision to blur and then darken.

—A few minutes later—

The teen flickered his eyes open as he slowly sat up from his futon. What happened? He wondered as he took a quick glance around the room, realizing that it was his own judging from the small All Might wall poster his older sister had gotten him last year.

What time is it...?

Sharp pain struck throughout his entire body as he attempted to get up from his futon. Looking down, the younger realized he wasn't wearing a shirt and noticed the numerous bandages wrapped around his chest, arms, head, and his left eye which was starting to sting and bother a bit.

Sighing, the younger laid back down and slipped under the warm covers. It didn't make the pain go completely away, but just eased it a bit to become at least bearable. He also noticed that it was a tad bit difficult to breath, but it didn't bother him as much as his other injuries.

As he tried to remember the events that led him to where he was now, he recalled the bandages that were wrapped around his head, assuming he must have received a hard hit to not remember much of anything.

Shutting his eyes, the younger hoped to get some much needed rest, but was interrupted by a high-pitched scream, startling him upwards. Doing his best to ignore the pain, Shoto quickly got up and ran towards the source of the scream just now.

"Where is Shoto?!" A familiar voice yelled out, his tone was angry and very demanding. "H-He's still recovering from yesterday! Let him rest! He can't train right now!" Another familiar voice answered, clearly panicked by the other man.

Recovering...? Yesterday...? Training...?

All of a sudden, It hit him. It hit him like a bullet train, faster even.

["Get up Shoto!"

"Stop slacking!"

The teen was met with a punch to the gut then another to his face. He fell to the ground as he began to have a coughing fit. "Weak!" The man uttered, kicking the poor child.

"Pathetic!" The man he called 'father' grabbed him by the collar of his shirt, "Disgrace!" He yelled before sending his son crashing towards the wall. The impact was hard, and caused everything to darken.]

"I don't care if he's still recovering! Now where is he?!"

I know that voice...

"He's in his room! I told you!"

Fuyumi?

Upon hearing heavy footsteps becoming louder and louder, Shoto froze in place. "There  you are!" The sight of his old man towering over him sent shivers down his spine. He wanted to run, but he couldn't bring himself to move out the way, or break for a spring outside.

"Don't run away from me!" It was like Endeavor read his mind. That man prevented him from running by roughly grabbing his left arm, forcibly dragging him to the training room against his will.

I remember now...

Shoto enlarged his eyes as he felt pain surge and become more intense second by second throughout his entire body. "Come on Shoto. Get up. I created you for a reason, didn't I?" The old man wasn't at all yelling, but his tone and presence alone scared the hell out of him.