[Dark Month] 3 | Ghoul! Levi x Investigator! Reader [2]

"The Crimson Steel is right outside your window!"

I whipped my head to look at the curtain-covered glass behind me. When I heard a sound from the other side of the glass window, I broke into a full sprint to my room where my quinque was. Once I entered, I could hear glass shattering from my living room. I immediately activated my quinque, my phone still in my hand.

"Sasha, call for the CCG, now!" I frantically yelled on the gadget and ended the call.

"Damn it, why me?" I mumbled to myself as I forced my feet to walk me out of this room; I couldn't fight in a tight space like this.

"There you are."

I swung my quinque to my left, damaging the nearby wall. The ghoul jumps away from my attack. I glared at him through his mask, the tip of my weapon pointing at his calm figure.

"I've looked for you for the past three years and this is how you welcome me?"

"Who are you?!" I raised my voice, my quinque still up in the air. I was scared, I never faced an S-rate on my own before, let alone a triple S. The ghoul releases a dark chuckle, making chills run down my spine. I couldn't stand around like this, there was a dangerous ghoul here and I can't afford to let him go. There were many residents in this building.

I ran towards him, readying to hit him with my weapon.

He dodged like before, but this time quicker. I hissed and hastily turned around, only to see him already coming at me.

"Stay away--!" He pushed my shoulders down on the ground while my grip on my quinque loosened. He pushes the object away before his hands held my wrists down.

This is it, I'm dying.

"Don't cry, (Y/n). I'm not going to hurt you."

I gasped. I was crying? To answer my own question, a tear slid down from my eyes.

"Didn't I tell you the exact same thing three years ago?"

His tone was relaxed and calm, though still monotone. I couldn't tell if he was lying or not since he still had his mask on.

"What...?"

He remained silent.

"(Y/n), please don't cry. I'm not going to hurt you."

My eyes widened, the ghoul's voice was indeed very familiar. And now, my vision landed on his hair. His raven-black locks were something I've seen before.

"N-no... you can't be..." I stared up at him, my vision getting glassy because of the tears welling up in my eyes. I swallowed the lump in my throat nervously as his one hand detached from my wrist, removing the dark-colored mask from his face.

"...Levi?"

His kakugan stared right back at me, emotionless and plain. Tears cascaded down from my orbs as I recalled all my memories with him from years ago.

"What... what are you doing, Levi?"

His head snapped up from the bloody corpse, his kagunes out and active. I stumbled backwards upon seeing the crimson liquid surrounding his mouth, along with the organ in his hands. I placed a hand on my mouth as my other arm went on my stomach. I resisted the urge to vomit as I shut my eyes, but forced them back open when I felt the wall make contact with my back.